Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Wiper Contest 2004
We had 8 teams show up today even though it was raining as we launched our boats. Most of us were out of there at 9am and started fishing shortly there after. Wiperslayer and I went to the spot we had caught fish the day before and even though we marked a lot of fish we had no takers. Water temp was 59* in the S/W corner and as the day went on the air temp warmed up and so did the water temp. We left after a hour and a half of no fish and went right outside the south marina, trolling toward the feed lot, we trolled past the power poles then went north until we were almost to the trees and still not fish. We were about to leave when we caught our fish fish, it took us four hours. Even though we lost that first fish at the boat we managed to boat 4 total with the Producer being the hot lure. We saw AFDan in the same area catching a few fish so we thought we were doing good until we went in for the check in at 3pm. After everyone had their boat in we set up a table and started checking fish. After seeing three fish that were over 20 inches I thought, "We must have been in the wrong spot". Then BLM pulled out this whopper of a wiper that over 23 inches, so that was the winning fish of the contest. BLM has some pictures of the first(him), second(MGB) and third (Fishinfool)place winners, so I'm sure he will post them later. Here are some pictures of a few of the winners and some of the prizes they won. BFT, Predator, MGB, Curtisfish and I donated the prizes. Thanks everyone that came out for the contest, it was a fun day on the water and it was good to meet some new members and see all you guys again. I told BLM the final rule of the annual Willard wiper contest after he won and that is, the winner must set up the contest for the following year. I hope everyone had as muck fun as I did today, see you guys on the water. WH2
[signature]
Thanks Curt, the contest turned out great, as did the weather. Yper Jr. and I ended up catching 5 whiper two over 20 inches and two in the 18 inch range, and one was a litte dink, also caught one 18 inch walleye. Those were nice fish BLM, MGB, and Fishinfool caught to win the contest. BLM I am looking forward to next years contest.
[signature]
What contest? I haven't seen or heard anything about this wiper contest, if I had, then I would have joined this fish-off.

BLM, very niiiiiiiccccee wipah, dude!
[signature]
Thanks again curt,Me and my son also got 5 fish,son caught four,I caught one.

He always catchs more fish than I do but I like it that way,I wish he would have caught the big one,but thats what he gets when he trys to outfish the old man.HEHEHE

and paul,watch the event board,I also almost missed it.

Nice to meet you guys,

Later,FNF[cool]
[signature]
Looks like ya'll had a great time. Unfortunatly I was out installing a 121 head sprinkler system and doing a couple of repairs. Of course the last job of the day something had to go wrong and we busted a water main!!!
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I fished with Old Crestliner in the Boomerang. We caught 14 fish during the tourney time period. Myself, Old Crestliner, and Biteme, had gone out the day before to try and locate fish for the contest. We caught 9 that day. The morning of the tourney, we headed right back to the same spot and luckily the fish were there and willing to bite. Gaging from my GPS plotter, we probably didn't fish bigger than a 3/4 mile circle all day.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]We used the standard wiper lures with the prism shad out shining them all. The biggest fish was caught on a chrome and blue 3" Storm thunderstick. Our troll speed was 2.7 to 3.8. All speeds produced fish. [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Thanks, WH2 and wiperslayer for the fun time. It was great fun getting together with all our great fishermen. I post this picture in another thread but decided to put a copy here for WH2's "Official" Thread! Thanks again![/size][/font]

[center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=4569;][/center] [center]3rd Place - FishinFool [#ffffff].......[/#ffffff]1st place - BLM [#ffffff]...........[/#ffffff]2nd place - MGB
[/center]
[signature]
thanks curt for setting it up had a blast got my first wiper of the year hope to do it again next year
[signature]
Sorry you missed out on the fun Paul but the contest was posted over a month ago on two different board, the Off Topic board and the Utah Events and get togethers board. I know at lot of people never look at those other boards but that is the reason for them, so the main board will be about fishing and not about a lot of other stuff we post, that is not really fishing. I put these other boards in my list favorites so they are easy to get to. WH2
[signature]
Curt-Thanks again,I shy away from fishing contest,but had a great time.So BLM is planning the next one?Hope so.
[signature]
I saw you guys in the lower parking lot of the south marina on sat. I didnt realize it was the BFT boys until I saw this post. We hit the water some time around 4:00. Had a pretty good night we fished until dark and caught 6 walleyes and 13 wipers. The fish were spread out all over never did run into any schools just a bunch of singles here and there.
[signature]
I am really bummed I missed the contest, I ended up having to work, maybe next time, looks like you guys had a blast, nice looking fish guys, congrats BLM
[signature]
Nice fish BLM, Petty and I wanted to head over to where you were fishing, but with his 3.9 horse, we would of had to pack 2 days of lunches sleeping stuff, and that would be if I was using a oar too!!! [laugh] But we did alright with 2 wipers in the boat and a nice Walleye.
[signature]
We were wondering what happened to you, too bad you had to work. You missed out on a fun contest, hope to see you next year. I was planning on sending you a PM before the contest be I ran out of time. WH2
[signature]
Glad to see you guys had a fun contest, some nice fish guys!!!![Smile]
[signature]