Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
duel Axle trailers?
I was under the impression that a trailer having more than one axle needs to be registered and a plate attached to it. My neighbor said that it goes by weight and he has seen a lot of duel axle trailers with no plates?? Can anyone help me out?
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I believe, any trailer that exceeds an 1800 lb axle weight must be registered. Obviously, a dual axle trailer exceeds that so, yes, you will legally have to register it. Call the DMV. They can tell you exactly what the law states. I had a small flatbed trailer and called them. Luckily, my trailer was below the 1800 lb limit.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Teroy, as long as your trailer does not exceed a certain weight limit. Most but not all dual axle trailers need plates. I went threw this issue afew years ago with the UHP. You can take your trailer to any truck stop and have it weight. I'm not sure how much they charge.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]MGB hit it darn close. If your trailer does not exceed 750lb unladened, you don't need to register it. Here's a link to the DMV concerning what must be registered:[/size][/font] [center][url "http://dmv.utah.gov/register.html"][#333366][size 4]http://dmv.utah.gov/register.html[/size][/#333366][/url][/center]
[signature]
Yes thats right BLM but as I was told when I bought and rebuilt my ATV/untility trailer,, "if it has more than one axle it will need to be registered if used in the state of Utah"... Whats more, I recall reading of someone from Utah getting a ticket in Wy. for not having their small trailer registered and plated enough though it wasnt needed here in Utah.. Ouch![pirate]
[signature]
when you have your trailer weighed make sure you get a copy of the weight and keep it with you. as for getting a ticket in wy. they have to go by utah law on the trailer unless you have wy. plates on your truck.
[signature]