Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing this weekend?
So where's everybody fishing over the long weekend? It's that time of year when there are lots of good choices - the plains lakes for walleyes and wipers - Kansas for walleyes, wipers,crappie and bass- Big Mac - Granby and Blue Masa and Taylor. Geez. Decisions, decisions. I've got my eye on a couple of bass ponds that a friend has permission to fish. Love those bass!

Good luck to everybody and please post about your trip when you get back.
[signature]
Going out to Pinewood this weekend. Going to go get some trout and hopefully a muskie. Hope the weather holds out so I can work on my tan![Wink] Good luck to all that go out fishing.
[signature]
I saw some of those Pinewood muskies a couple of weeks ago in the inlet channel. There are some big dudes in there! Good luck Maverick!
[signature]
Don did you say you were going to the Gorge in July. I'm thinking about going in a couple of weeks. I just got a report from Jim Williams who guides on the Gorge and he says its been better this year than it has in years. He said they are getting a lot of fish from 15 to 30lbs and he's been seeing a 30lber every few days. I don't know what guide your going with but this guy will put you on some big ones. As for this weekend I'm either going to lay low or head to the high country for some cutts and brookies.
[signature]
[cool] Hey Oats-
How are ya? Actually, I'm booked with Jim Williams for July 28 and 30. I've talked with some of his clients in years past. I haven't talked to him since he came up from Florida this Spring. It's good to hear about all the big fish. I'm trying to get up there in the next couple of weeks, too. My work keeps interfering with my fishing. Right now it looks like I'll either go up the last half of next week or from about June 9 through the 13th. I'm not as good as you guys who have been doing this intensely for a lot of years, but I'm sure hooked on jiggin' 'em up! I'm bound and determined to break 25 pounds this year.

I think I'll make my motto for this year something like - Mission: Mac 25

If we're going to be up there at the same time we ought to at least down a cold one.

Have a great weekend.
[signature]
Flaming Gorge rocks! I went there last July and caught a few nice ones jigging spoons. A full report is in the Utah section of this website.
[signature]
Guest, welcome aboard, what month did you fish with Jim? I'm going up to the Gorge next month for the first time and I'm trying to figure out what area to consentrate in. Don I'll be up there sometime in between June 9th and June 22 for 4 or 5 days. The weather will dictate which week I'll be there but if were there at the same time we should get together.
[signature]
Hi "Guest"

It's nice to have you here. Thanks for the info. Those are som true hawgs!
[signature]