Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Mosquitoes?
Hey,

I haven't fished there yet but alot of guys here are complaining about the mosquitoes. A friend of mine who lives in no. ogden says these are NOT mosquitoes but a heavy midge population. Which is it?

Jim
[signature]
Those are some mean midges then. I think they can bite through kevlar. And don't ever make the mistake of using skin so soft as an insect repellant out there.
[signature]
I'm sure there are hordes of both of them out there, midges and mosquitos. Both are quite prevalent at Utah Lake too.
[signature]
im telling you guys..eat raw garlic the night before..2 cloves, and not a single bug will bother you, if you goto canada or michigan bump it up a notch to 3 or 4 cloves at night...they dont have skeeots they have blood sucking buzzards!!! not even black flies will bother you.
[signature]
Cat_man is right, there are both but it seems on the water the midge or nats or whatever they are, are the worst. When you get to the shore then the mosquitoes attack. You can get a few mosquitoes when you are on the water but the nats can be real bad, same thing on the shore with the mosquitoes. WH2
[signature]
Does anyone know if they have sprayed yet. I know that they usually spray before memorial day, just wondering if its happened yet.
[signature]
i went to willard and fished near the south marina a few days ago, and the skeeters killed my freinds, but not me... i think that it was because i was wearning pants and a hoody. but they were defintly mosquitoes. crap loads of them too.

Joe
[signature]
Yes they are both. The mosquitoes aren't to bad until the sun starts to set then watch out. I haven't had alot of problem's with the other bugs just when we go up or down the dike and then they like to bus your face. We always wear long pants and hoodies and in a light color. It seems the moquitoes really like the warmth the dark colors put out.
[signature]
Raw garlic, huh? Sounds interesting. But you're going to smell really really horrid for a long while. Going to need lots of Listerine as well.[Wink]
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 2] I think that there is a mixture of skeeters and midges. They are all a royal pain.[/size][/red][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]