Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WILLARD LAUNCHING?
HOW DEEP IS THE MARINAS? CAN MY 20 FTR LAUNCH SAFELEY? ITS NOT A VERY DEEP RIDING BOAT. THANX MIGHT SHOOT FOR MONDAY IF I CAN GET IN THE WATER. ALSO WHAT ARE THE EYES HITTING NOW AND IS ANYONE TARGETTING THE EYES? ALSO WHERE ARE MOST THE EYES BEING PICKED UP? CROSSINEYE
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I'm going out of the North Marina today. I'll let you know. My boat is 21ft so I beleive you'll make it no problem.[/size][/font]
[signature]
COOL THANX BLM
[signature]
Take the north marina, stay on the asphalt while unloading boat, the water is plenty deep right where you unload the boat (4-5 feet, and it suddenly drops to 7-10 feet). Ok stay in the middle of the bouys, head straight out and go about 100 yards where your depth finder will say 11-13 feet. If you make a real sharp turn to the left of the bouy you will find yourself in 3-4 feet of water. So just head straight out of the harbor. Watch your depth finder and you will see what I mean. You will be fine with your 20 footer. I was there 2 weeks ago and I saw a few huge boats out there. Oh and as for loading people and unloading people, I just park my boat on next to the ramp, and just push your boat out. Your motor will be safe in four feet of water, maybe more deeper as your boat is 20 footer and my boat is only 16 footer. You will be just fine.

You will do well on the North side following this instructions. Oh and by the way, do not park your boat at that new dock just south of the north marina, there are some "islands" that is shallow. Oh the dock just immediate to the left of the ramp is ok as well. I'm just talking about the new dock across the harbor just to the south of the north marina ramp.
[signature]
Stay the heck away from the south marina.

Only crazy people are launching there. Its not worth taking the risk when its five minuets up the road to the north marina.

Make sure you only use the center two lanes of the north marina ramp. The left side is only in the water a few feet, and the right side is totally out of the water.

Most people dont realize the ramp is uneven and has three different lenghts to it. But the center ramp is the longest. if you see the red and yellow lines, its not a good idea to use that lane.

I wouldnt use the north marina bay. There is a channel that has been dredged, but it goes from the end of the ramp straight out to the lake. The rest of the marina is only a few feet deep, and theres a hump that will destroy your prop, and a few big boulders out there in the bay of the marina. I would just hang out in the dredged channel while waitin g for someone to park the truck.

The water is still droping, so if your gonna do it this year, do it now.
[signature]
As of yesterday the south marina was two to three feet deep then drops to eight feet once you get out into the channel.
[signature]
How close can I launch in a float tube to where the action is for Wipes and Eyes? Thanks
[signature]
I'm not sure if you can drive to it or not but the northwest side of the res out by the light pole had some fish pretty close to the shore. every other spot we picked up fish was way out away from the dikes.

I have seen vehicles driving on the dikes I'm just not sure where you go to get to them.
[signature]
[red][size 3]I've seen very few folks on the dikes but I have wondered about mountain biking it with your pole. Do you think they allow bikes along there? It seems to me you would see more folks doing it. [/size][/red]
[signature]