Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Report 5/27/04
Fished Willard tonight with polokid and bearlake mack in the boomerang, we caught combined 14-15 fish with blm getting most of them, fished with prizem shads and white curly tail jigs, weather went to crap about 7:30 and blew everyone off the pond
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=4651;]
[signature]
Thanks for the report. Nice to see you guys caught some more fish! Any eyes tonight?
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]No 'eyes but the wipers were hitting pretty good. We caught most of the fish near the light pole area. We started out north off the North Marina and the pickins were slim. This was the same area that Myself and Old_Crestliner fished during the tourney and did pretty good. [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]The North marina is launchable for about any size boat right now. When you come out of the dredged channel in the marina it comes up to 7' then gets immediately deeper so no worries about launching condition.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Take your bug spray. Those bugs were BAD tonight.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Did you guys catch any walleye? What about the water temp? Now for the big question, were you guys fishing in the same spot the BLM did so good at during the contest last Saturday? Thanks for the report Petty. WH2
[signature]
[cool]Wow! You guys are really starting to get into them, now. That sounds like a blast. I need to get out there sometime. Should be good fishin' out there on monday after the storm.
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Great job guy's! Sounds like the wipers are moving quite a bit. Water temps coming up causing them to become more active????[/size][/font]
[signature]
We were out there last night as well. We got 5 from shore, then saw that storm come in and got out of there fast.

Forgot to mention that when we were filleting them out 2 of them had eggs. So they must do a moc spawn.Wiper and channel cats are the only fish I will eat. Everything else is catch and release.
[signature]
It was definitely a fun evening. I got me a couple of wipers, but BLM definitely was putting on the show for awhile last night!!! The wipers are definitely a lot healther than what I remembered from last year. I cant wait to get out again.
[signature]
My friend Jas went out yesterday afternoon with his father in his Tracker, and they did well with those wipers. They stopped by HFT and got some of those willard specials, and they had a blast. Now I'm green with envy and I wished I went with them, but was stuck with the kids and a wedding reception. It sucks to be me....[Tongue]
[signature]
inconoclasticPaul,

It could be a lot worse. I have been building a house and have not been fishing since the Cisco run.
[signature]
ALL I CAN SAY IS I HOPE I DO HALF AS GOOD ON MONDAY [Wink]
[signature]
i doubt it mike. youll be lucky to get 1 in your boat. without me
[signature]
AND NOW PETTY STARTS IT FOR SOME REASON I THINK YOU AND AL ARE IN KAHOOTS TOGATHER TO SEND ME TO THE NUT HOUSE I KNOW IT. JUST FOR THAT I AM PULLING OUT THE BIG GUNS ON MONDAY. I AM TAKING MY WIFE.... SHE WILL NAIL THEM
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Hi icefool![/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Where on shore were you folks fishing? Sounds like you did pretty good from shore. What were you using from shore to be so successful? Thanks and glad to hear you got into them.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Hey BLM,Petty,Polo,

Great report,

Looks like the fish are on the move,Did you guys hook any monters like BLM's winning fish at the tourney.

Later,FNF
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]All smaller fish up to 19", Tony. Still was a lot of fun! What was better though, was schooling the "pups" on board on how to catch fish! HA![/size][/font]
[signature]
[Wink]Yea,Thats always fun.

Better knock on wood though.

Hey,what was the water temp.I have noticed the last two years the fish are on the east side in the spring and move to the west side when the water warms up,have you noticed the same thing.would like your input.

Thanks,FNF
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]You and I both know that you never know who's going to have the hot stick. I'm just digging at Petty and Polo while I've got a chance! Don't happen very often![/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Water was 62-63 deg. Sorry, you are more observant than me. I find fish everywhere. I think lots of conditions can effect fish locations along with water temp. Bottomline, find the shad and you find the concentrations of wipers. [/size][/font]
[signature]
Your telling me when your out on willard you can actually find the shad,This is something I have still not been able to do,and am very curious how your doing this.

Are you seeing them in the water.

or graphing them.

The lake is so shallow your lucky to graph a fish,I always figured the shad would scatter if a boat came over them.

I always watch the birds,and am looking for surface activity all the time I'm on the water.

Thanks for the water temp,FNF[cool]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]See, Tony you know how to find shad. The sonar will look like big clouds and usually you'll see fish around them, Haven't you ever been trolling and seen them swimming on the surface? Very good sign wipers are near. [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Birds both on shore and out in open water. Everything in wilard feeds on then. You'll see the loons that swim all the time. They are fisheaters and hunting shad. The terns are always diving for them. The egrets that stalk the shoreline will tell you where they are in close to shore. These aren't a sure fire guarantee but a lot of times it will put you on the fish.[/size][/font]
[signature]