Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*Hill Air Force Base Air Show*
Some of you might not know that the base is hosting its bi-annual air show June 12-13. They have numerous planes on display and many fly overs and stunt planes including the Air Force Thunder Birds. Last year I believe the total attendence for the 2 day event was just over 250,000 people. Its a great time and the kids love it. Hope to see ya'll there!

[url "http://www.hill.af.mil/airshow/"]http://www.hill.af.mil/airshow/[/url]
[signature]
Thanks for the reminder! I'll be there for sure! The Thunderbirds are great and the B-2 we saw last time was the coolest thing I've ever seen with wings.

FM
[signature]
thanks for the heads up looking forward to the show
[signature]
how do you get to hill coming from the south?
[signature]
Come straight north on I-15 past salt lake. You want Exit 334, Hillfield rd. Hang a right off the freeway onto hillfield rd and follow it all the way up the hill and you will run right into the south gate.
[signature]
hey thanks for the directions . is it in ogden? what do you recomend we wear for the show?
[signature]
Hill is south of Ogden, between Riverdale and Layton. They also have a large airplane museum that is free to the public.

I would suggest light clothes, large floppy hats and LOTS of sunscreen and water. It can get pretty toasty out there on the tarmac. Oh and maybe ear plugs or muffs if you are bringing kids, the larger jets can make quite a bit of noise.
[signature]
thanks i will remember that!
[signature]
AND make sure you get there early. Otherwise you'll be stuck in a long line of cars while the cool stuff is happening.

Also you could take I-15 north to the clearfield exit, turn right onto 193 and go east to the south gate of hill field. Seems to be easier to turn left at the light than it is to go straight IMHO.
[signature]
Hey is willard bay far from there?I hope not since its a 3 hour drive i want to take advantage of wetting a hook there.
[signature]
Willard's only about another 20 miles north.
[signature]
Awesome show, huh? I live strait south of the base and the Thunderbirds flew directly over me. They flew Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The rest of the performers only flew Sat. and Sun. Grandparents took the kids on base Sunday. They're still talking about it.
[signature]
It WAS cool. I live southwest of the base, and they flew over my backyard too. It was nice being able to see it without fighting traffic. I can't even get that good of a fireworks show from my backyard.
[signature]
Were you able to see any of the other performers or just the Thunderbirds? The bi-planes and WWII fighters put on a pretty good show too! Do the daily jets bug you. I am continually awed by them. God bless the U.S!!
[signature]
I could only see the thunderbirds from my house. I saw a biplane taking off Monday morning, because I work not too far from the flight line.

The jets don't really bother me unless i'm not the phone. Sometimes we get KC-135's flying low over our house. They're loud, but they still don't bother me.

Every once in a while they'll put on a show for a visiting general or somebody like that. Some pilot will go out and do all sorts of acrobatics over the runway. That's pretty cool.
[signature]