Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 5/30
Went out to willard today. Fished from 9:00a.m. to 4:00 p.m. First thing out of the south marina ran my budies prop into the ground. whoops! After that it turned out to be a good day. Water was calm and not alot of people out on the water. We ended up catching 6 wiper between 18 and 21 inches, and a 2 lb smallmouth. All were caught on jointed shad raps behind a planner board at 3.5 mph. No general area we were catching them except they all came out of water deeper than 12 ft.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. Too bad about the prop though. I'm sure it won't be the last prop Willard lays claim to this season.

Did you notice if much water was coming into the inlet?
[signature]
The canal going into willard was full.Looked like a lot of water coming over the latters.
[signature]
We were on the water a little after 3:30pm and the wind was starting to blow. You must have gotten off the lake before it got bad although the waves never got over 3ft. Around 6 or 6:30 it calmed down a little but keep blowing until almost dark. The water temp was around 61* when we got there, was it warmer than that earlier in the day? I'll make a post about the other detail later, meet fishingwaters at the north marina when we launched. WH2
[signature]