Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FISH LAKE REPORT 5/30/04
Went to fish lake Sunday,was on the water at 6:00AM and started jigging out from twin creeks in 40-50 feet of water,I was marking fish on the bottom and was trying only for the mac's,We all tried different colored jigs,pearl white,Rainbow,Pumpkinseed,and white,all where 4 1/2"in length tiped with minnow.the first hook up was a 16" splake,after that we didn't hook another fish for an hour so we moved,to in front of Joe's bush,marked fish there and started to jig in thirty feet and worked out to fifty feet,I hooked into another splake 18".and father-in-law hooked another 14" splake.about 11:00AM went to bowery marina to warm up and eat some breakfest.We got back on the water around noon,and started trolling big plugs we caught two more splake and two rainbows all around 14" on a 5" white and orange wally diver.

We faught a steady NW 20 mph wind the whole day,air temp was cold enough to freeze the water on the boat,and could not stay over the fish for long,because the gusts where around 30-40mph,It was cold and miserable,but gave it a good try and was off the water around 4:00PM.

Water temp 43 degree's.

Lake was full and clear.

Later,FNF[cool]
[signature]
DId you launch at the marina by twin creeks? IF so how deep was the marina?
[signature]
Thanks for the report Tony, sounds like a cold day on the water, were there many people fishing around the lake?
[signature]
Hey Cableguy - that marina is about 3 ft deep - lakeshore is about the same. We fished hard friday evening thru this morning and it was windy & cold. Woke up to an inch of snow and 32 degrees saturday morning. Sunday morning it was 28. This morning was a warm 34 [Wink] We did not have much luck jigging but we did catch a ton of splake/rainbows trolling flatfish and wedding rings tipped with a worm. Fish were all spread out thru the water colume and everything we caught was above 50 ft. We did catch a few small macks tipping with a piece of chub. No big fish for us but there were a couple of big fish caught by others- 22 lb & 34 lb on pop gear with a worm [unsure]

Great weekend despite the cold and lack of sleep [Smile]
[signature]
CG,There wasn't more than 20 boats on the water all day,I like to launch at the lodge because there ramp isn't very steep and easy to trailer the boat.water depth is around three feet but its always that depth.and it is the marina next to twin creeks.

WH2,there was alot of people for as cold as it was,They congrate around twin creek and the dike at the marinas,we could have caught alot more fish trolling but we have done that been there,all are usally small and gets old fast.I did talk to an old timer that was there trolling copper on a board,He gave me a secret and plan on using it in a few weeks.I will let you guys know if it works and what it is.Tell then you have to wait.[Tongue]

Later,FNF
[signature]
We were there the 27th -29th. Caught rainbows and splake trolling flatfish behind small pop-gear. Tried to jig for Macs but the wind made it difficult to stay in one place. Didn't have an anchor. This was my first time fishing there. Had a good time. We caught about thirty fish over the three days.
[signature]