Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heres a look see.
Here is a peek at what I've been floatin' my butt in lately. Commonly I man the rudder (it sets at the end of the closest air chamber) and works nearly as well while the motor is in reverse/pushing in its 3 speeds as it is does while the motor pulls in its 5 forward speeds. I have a on/off switch attached to the handle on the rudder but I still need to reach back to increase speed or switch from forward to reverse, but I'm working on that. Here you see two tube attached to the tug tube, (I call the power unit tube "tug-me").

So there ya have it..
[signature]

Hey there Coldfooter,

Whatever tugs your tube! Thank you for the pic. Honestly it doesn't look un-managable... as I previously thought.

I thought it might jackknife in the wind and or cause fish tangle problems with the motor not being able to lift from the water.

Looks like a nice alternative for those not able to flip all day anymore.

JapanRon
[signature]
[cool][blue][size 1]Bicycles built for two...tandem motorcycles...okay. Float tube catamaran...I don't know. Looks like it is well put together. You done all right.[/size][/blue]

[#0000ff][size 1]As for me, I don't know if I could stand that much togetherness on the water. That's why I got TubeBabe her own rig...and a walkie talkie. If I don't like what I hear from her, I can shut her off.[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
JR .. Actually it cant jackknife either set up as shown or while simply tuggin' one tube. I'll have to snap a few pic's too show and explain why not.

LOL Pat ,, Tube-babe may be watching![laugh]
[signature]
[Tongue][#0000ff][size 2]Come this Sunday June 6th - looks like you are ready to invade Normandy.[Wink][/size][/#0000ff] [#0080c0][size 2][#0000ff]Again![/#0000ff]
[/size][/#0080c0]
[signature]
Hi there Coldfooter this posting is for anybody who could give me some information about Caddis Mag. Inc. and how to get a hold of them. Last year I bought a Caddis U-shape Float Tube (Nevada series), I did not use it until yesterday the the 31st of May. It was the first time to try float tubing so I decided go to the Kaysville ponds and give it a try. Well I got into the water and was going along thinking this could fun, but about into my try the valve off the air hose from the bladder. Well I was was glad that had my PFD on, when I got to shore (Thanks to an on shore fisherman and help out) the only thing I lost was one of my flipper. I would like to get hold of Caddis to see if this a lot so does any anyway to contact them. I tried www.caddis.com and got some pet supply company. Thank you in advance. Has well to that guy on shore.[pirate]`
[signature]
[cool][blue][size 1]Hey Hydoteck, that's a bummer. I have never had anything like that happen in over 40 years of tubing.[/size][/blue]

[#0000ff][size 1]My first suggestion is to take it back to where you bought it. Hopefully you retained some proof of purchase. There is a two year warranty on Caddis products.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]The bad news. It looks like Caddis is getting out of the float tube business or something. I cannot bring up the link I had on their website either. However, they are still in business for their pet products lines. I did find some info on that, if you want to call for more info or to see about a replacement or refund.[/size][/#0000ff]

[red][size 1]Caddis Pet Products
4201 Riverside Drive, McMinnville, OR 97218
Phone: (503) 472-3111 (800) 824-4671 Fax: (503) 434-5038

[/size][/red]
[signature]
Man that Bites and I'd do exactly what TD has suggested. Good Luck.
[signature]