Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Report 05/30/04 (17 wiper afternoon)
Wiperslayer and I launched from the North marina at 3:30 and meet FishingWaters as they were launching a boat called Kick N Bass. We got a few laughs as we were waiting to launch, watching all the people getting stuck on the sand bar, just a warning to all that are launching from the north marina, "Stay Away From The Boat Docks". If you keep your prop up, you might get lucky but I did not take the chance. Anyway, on to the fishing report.
We went out 3 or 4 hundred yards from the marina and started marking a lot of fish, less than 15 minutes after launching we had out first fish on. We lost that one and several others but we landed two 17 incher. Most of the fish we caught, fell to the mighty Producer Prism Shad or a look-a-like, with a different name and color. After several hours and only those two fish to the boat we decided to try another area, so we moved to the area East of the island and fished in 12 foot of water for the rest of the day. We made a pass and were marking a lot of fish but not catching any. We started moving out of the area and finally caught one, then another, then another, until we hard a total of 17 wipers. The catching was almost non stop until we left at 10pm, we never had a double but once I did get one in the boat and before I could get it off the hook my second pole had a fish on. What a blast, it was our second best day at Willard in the last two years. Water temp was 61*, all fish were 16 to 21 inches and fat and were released unharmed. WH2
[signature]
3 or 4 hundered years is a long way to fish lol.. nice wiper
[signature]
I always proof read my post but I guess I missed that one, thanks. I wish BFT had a grammer check, I could use it, well at least there is an edit function. WH2
[signature]
Way to go guys !! Glad to hear you had a great day on the water .
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Great Report! My neighbors slammed them this morning. Heck there were only out from 7:30am to 11:30am and boated 10 fish. The bite is on. Get'em while it's hot because in another month we'll be wishin' we could launch.[/size][/font]
[signature]
You are so right my friend and after the poor year we had last year at Willard this year is starting out great. This is what I like to call, "Wiper Time". WH2
[signature]
Great report,I wish I lived closer so I could be on the water more.

Thanks,Keep the posts coming.

Later,FNF
[signature]