Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Report 5-31
We launched the porta-bote from the south marina at 1:30, trolled all the way to the west dike then along the west dike all the way to the north west corner, then a straight shot across back to the south marina. It was my first time ever fishing willard so I didn't have too high of expectations, but we didn't get even one bite. So I got to figure out what we were doing wrong. varried speed from 2.5-3.5mpg. Used the producer prism shads the whole time (thanks again blm!). 12# test line and I figure we had the line out between 50-75 yrds most of the time. I made some s turns but got kind of lazy as the time wore on without any action. Thinking about giving it another try tomorrow, but got to find out what we are doing different from everyone else who seems to be catching em'. Any advice is much appreciated!
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]You were doing it right. Let those lines out about 100 ft or more so there a good distance behind the boat. Scenting those lures with smelly jelly doesn't hurt either.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Go straight out from the south marina about 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile if the weather looks decent. You'll see a white buoy out there. Stay to the east of it by a 1/4 mile or more. You'll get into them. Keep tryin'![/size][/font]
[signature]
Just like BLM said...just let out a little more and you should be golden. I also had the chance to hit Willard tonight. The fishing was very slow. We trolled around by the light pole and on the south dike. We only boated one eye. We missed a couple of strikes, but the fish didn't seem to want to bite today.

We ran into Old_Coot and family, they had boated one Wiper when we saw them. I'm looking forward to reading his report. We also had another friend out there tonight. He stuck near the island, and along the east dike. They boated 2 small wipers and a kitty.

All in all it was a very slow day. We talked to a few other boaters and they weren't having much luck either. From the looks of things, we missed the good fishing by one day.

It sure was a nice evening to be out on the pond. Not much in the way of wind, and the bugs didn't get really bad until the sun was going down.
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=4692;]
[signature]