Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updated boat pics!
Well, the new dash and refinished steering wheel are installed in the boat. I also went to Home Depot today and bought 100 dollars worth of Oak wood to redo some other stuff. Here is a pic of the new stuff.

Here is the boat the day I brought it home.

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=4690;]

and here is the new and improved! The panel to the left of the dash that looks dull still needs to be varnished but I ran out of sunlight today. The new dash is solid oak, stained with Red Oak and varnished with Spar Urethane. The steering wheel is still the original wood, stripped and sanded. I then soaked it in Teak Oil and varnished it also with Spar Urethane.

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=4691;]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Nice. Project boats can be a lot of fun and a lot of satisfaction that take time and money but she looks like she's coming along. When you going to take her out?[/size][/font]
[signature]
I was hoping to have a few more things redone and give her a run this weekend, but with a busy week ahead, I am not sure, might not be till next weekend.
[signature]
That is looking really nice Teroy. Looks like it is turning out to be a nice project for ya. Lookin' forward to the maiden voyage report.
[signature]
I can know your anticipation!!! I am looking forward to seeing some before and after pictures of this craft!!! So have you decided to stay in Utah now???
[signature]
Teroy you do fine work. That is looking really nice.
[signature]