Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 5-31-04
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 2] Well here goes, went out to Willard this afternoon with my Brother-in-law hoping to get into some Wiper action. Launched at the South marina around 4:00pm , quite a few boats in there but most were loading to go home.[/size][/red][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2] Anyway headed over to the East end to start and stayed there for a while until we got in touch with Old Coot on the radio. Found out that TheKillerBee was out there also. We motored over to the Lightpole area and trolled there for the rest of the afternoon. NO FISH. Met up with Old Coot for a few minutes and about 8:00pm we decided to call it a day. better luck next time.[/size][/#ff0000][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
Were you guys in a tri-hull?

If so, we trolled past you and Old_Coot. We were in a white and red V-hull ski boat. We only boated one eye tonight. Pretty slow.

Good luck on your next trip out.
[signature]
What is the south marina like as far as water depth?
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 2] Yup that was me and my brother-in-law, we just couldn't get into them. I'm hoping to do better next time out. Sorry for waving or anything didn't know who you were until I had talked to Old Coot out by the light pole. I'll remember next time.[/size][/red][/font]

[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 2] Starts out about 3-3.5 feet at first , and once in the channel it gets to about 10- 11 feet until you get to the mouth of the Bay then it shallows up to 3 feet or so for about 200 yards or so. Just need to be very careful.[/size][/red][/font]

[signature]
I have watched lots of guys just get out of the south marina a few feet and give their boats full throttle. That can be extremely tough on props.
[signature]
I figured it must have been someone from BFT, but it's my dads boat and he just wanted to keep fishing instead of shoot the bull. I'll keep my eye out for ya next time.
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 2] Thats very true Kent , I have watched a few do just that, yesterday I watched a guy comming back in and got too close to the right side of the channel and had to get into the water to raise his outdrive in 2 feet of water. [/size][/red][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2] P[/size][/#ff0000][/font][font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2]eople just don't pay attention. [/size][/#ff0000][/font]

[signature]