Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake (report) Memorial Day
Took the madain voyage on the "Wayak" yesterday with my two daughters. Some of you may have seen it as we floated down the Provo river on the way to the lake. I tried to stay on the opposite side of the bank from the bank fisher-folk, sorry if I ticked some of you off.

Anyway, we got out to the main part of the lake and tried to go after some mudcats as they seem a bit more cooperative for the kiddies, but I forgot the anchor and the breeze made it difficult to maintain any sort of position. So, we threw on a white roadrunner tipped with some white bass meat and started "trolling" (rowing). My oldest started getting concerned as "something was wrong with her pole." I checked the line and sure enough, the something turned out to be a nice white bass. It turned out to be the only one we caught, but we were not out for a long time.

The natives started getting restless, so, we headed home. Hope you all got a chance to get out with the masses.
[signature]
Nice little boat. Have you had your toon out on the lake this year yet?
[signature]
Thanks for the compliment. It was free as my dad couldn't cart that thing around anymore. I about gave myself a hernia getting it on and off my car, let alone getting it to the water.

Not on the lake yet with the toon, I've hit the river (upstream from Center Street bridge). I was trying for the whities on the flyrod but it was a bit early for the big run. I did catch a couple though. Bring your fishfinder (I can't remember if you have one or not), you'll be suprized by what you find[Wink].

How about you?
[signature]