Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHERE TO GO??
I'M TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHERE TO GO THIS SUNDAY? I'M TAKING MY SON AND ONE OF HIS FRIENDS I HAVE A ALUMN. BOAT AND I'M SET UP FOR TROLLING. I'VE NEVER FISHED JORDANELLE,HYRUM OR PORCUPINE. I'M BIT NERVOUS ABOUT JORDANELLE BECAUSE OF ALL THE WATER SKIERS AND PWC. SO ANY INFO WOULD HELP.. THANKS..
[signature]
Take them to Smith Morehouse it is on fire now.
[signature]
CAN YOU TAKE A BOAT OUT ON IT?
[signature]
You sure can, that lake is just right for small boats and I would be very surprised to see a water skier on it. WH2
[signature]
SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT PLACE TO TRY THIS WEEKEND SO I GUESS IT'S SMITH MOREHOUSE ON SUN. FOR ME.. THANKS GUYS FOR YOUR HELP..
[signature]
Smith and Morehouse is a good choice but don't give up on Jordanelle. If your boat is small enough, you can launch from the rock cliffs area by hand. [No Ramp] If you stay in that area, you will have little trouble with other water craft. I float tube there a lot and I have not had a problem yet. The fish are bigger there and there is a good veriety to choose from. Trout, Bass and Perch are all in good numbers. The trade off is that you will probably catch a lot more small fish at S and M. Good luck and have fun. DKS
[signature]
I can't find it in the current proclamation; but Smith and Morehouse has been wakeless speed only -- ideal for small boats. Your concern about Jordanelle is not without justification. A few years back, on one fishing trip, I lost four Rapalas to different speeding boats, while trolling at Jordanelle!
[signature]
If you want FAST action on pretty fish (they average about 14-15") with the opportunity for an occational fish over 18", then I'd say go to Current Creek Res. Just about any small lure trolled about 80 yards from shore works great. I like to use a silver Jake's spin-a-lure. Go to Sportsmans and you can stock up on the smallest size for only like $1.69 apiece.
[signature]
I TOOK THE FAMILY CAMPING THERE LAST YEAR WE HAD A GREAT TIME. I LIVE I N. UTAH SO IF I DRIVE THERE I WANT TO BE ABLE TO STAY OVERNIGHT AND I CAN TELL YOU MY SON HAS NO PATIENCE.. THANKS FOR THE INPUT THOUGH..
[signature]
I'VE HEARD STORIES LIKE THAT BEFORE.. WITH THE WARM WEATHER THIS WEEK I REALLY WORRY ABOUT ALL THE SKIERS SHOWING UP THIS WEEKEND ..
[signature]
I'LL HAVE TO GIVE IT A TRY ONE WEEKEND WHEN I LEAVE THE KIDS HOME.. BUT THANKS FOR THE ADVISE ON WHERE TO FISH WHEN I'M THERE I'LL KEEP THAT IN MIND WHEN I DO GO SO HOPEFULLY ME TRIP THERE WILL BE A GOOD EXPERIANCE.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Attached are some good directions to Smith & Morehouse.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]The fish there are small but fun.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Use orrange and yellow spinners ... panther martins or blue fox.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Wakeless speeds only ... NO water skiing![/size][/font]
[signature]
THANKS FOR THE HELP.. SHOULD BE A GOOD TRIP TO TAKE A COUPLE OF IMPATIENT BOYS.. HOW DEEP IS IT THERE?
[signature]
Hey James, I was going to take my family somewhere on saturday. What shall I use? Are they hitting flies or bait or do you need to troll? If they are hitting they flies do you have some in the shop I can buy?
[signature]
state datasheet attached

sm
[signature]
THANKS FOR THE GREAT INFO...
[signature]
have fun up there!!!

they have been hitting hares ears and pheasant tails,brown buggers.

salmon eggsor marsh mallow and a worm

trolling gold lures: jakes, needle fish etc.
[signature]