Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bay Report 6/02/04
I know, just what you all wanted to see, another Willard report!

We got on the water at 5:00 PM, launched out of the south marina. Water depth is ridiculously low, 2 feet in the marina dropping to 8 feet in the channel and then only 1 foot right outside of the channel bouys.

Tonight we targeted walleyes, due mostly to the fact that the wipers weren't cooperating. We fished mainly around the north and west dikes, saw lots of boats fishing around the light pole, most of them were sucked up tight into the rocks, also saw plenty of people running planer boards. It was pretty crowded for a Wed afternoon.

We trolled cranks around 3 mph and caught most of our fish out away from the shorline, usually staying a couple hundred yards from the dikes in 13 feet of water. Fish were spread out once again, we didnt find any one spot that was any better than another allthough the size of the eyes seamed to be a little bigger on the north end. Water temp was 69 degrees. Hot weather + no wind = BUGS and lots of them. As if the mosquitos were'nt bad enough, Willard now has bitting horse fly's.

Evening total 8 Walleyes 1 Wiper.
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 2] Great report guys, looks like you had a good on the water. [/size][/red][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
NICE REPORT . WHAT KIND OF CRANKS WERE YOU TROLLING? I SAW TWO GUYS MONDAY BANGING EYES ON CRANKS BUT THEY WOULD NOT LET ME KNOW WHAT COLOR OR TYPE OF CRANK WAS WORKING. SOME FOLKS ARE JUST THAT WAY . THANX FOR ANY INFO. CROSSINEYE
[signature]
Wally divers in chrome were working well as long as you stayed in the channel otherwise they hit the bottom, thundersticks in silver and black worked very well out on the flats.
[signature]
Now that's dinner! I wish the Eye's out here in Starvation ran around that size instead of the stunted ones we have. There are some bigger fish, but the average is not very big. I do all I can every year to thin out the population, but I don't think I even make a dent with around 80-100 fish taken per year.

Keep us posted. Willard or not....LOL
[signature]