Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Marina's?
ok, I believe the boat is far enough along to give her a run in the water. Just in time for my squadron fishing derby tomorrow. So how are the marina's at Willard?

Can I launch a 22' out of the south?? North?? Can I get to the docks to pick people up at either marina?? someone give the scoop. Thx
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]South Marina:[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]STAY AWAY AND DON"T EVEN GET WITHIN 300 YARDS OF THE OPENING![/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]North Marina:[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Yes, you can launch but do not go over to the docks. Pick up people on the shoreline between the launching ramp and the opening of the marina. They'll have to climb up the bow form the shore line. Leave the stern of your boat perpendicular to the shoreline and it will be in 10 ft of water. It drops off fast.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]The channel from the ramp to the opening is 10-11 ft deep. At the opening where they stopped dredging, goes up to 6-7 ft. Plenty of water for your boat. Go straight out the marina for a couple hundred yards before heading north or south.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Thx rich,

When you say stay to the shoreline, is this to the north or south of the ramp?
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]North side of the ramp. Look for the place with more sand and less rocks. You may have to go closer to the opening than to the dock but there is a place that is mostly sand. You'll see it.[/size][/font]
[signature]