Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grumble, grumble, grumble
I'm not one to be racist in any way but after today, I'm about ready to start being racist against the Hmong. I was fishing the Mississippi and had been fighting a nice catfish (estimated 6 lbs) for several minutes. A group of them suddenly surround me and cast their lines out, cross mine several times, and end up breaking my line where two of theirs met. No matter where I'm fishing, they have to stand right next to me and cast so their line crosses mine. I'm getting fed up. One of them almost ended up swimming today.
[signature]
[Tongue] I'm sure glad I have a boat !!! I had problems with them to before , but they have rights to !!

[signature]
I know they have rights. I just had to let off some steam. I go fishing to enjoy myself and relax after a stressful day at work. They only made my stress level go up. So did Kevin at Long Lake, the other place I frequent.

It's enough to drive me to drink some alcohol or even eat a hamburger!
[signature]
[laugh] Just grab a carrot , and take three deep breaths !!! LOL

[signature]
i know it gets a little fustrating at times and you feel like it's time for some combat fishing tactics to be deployed because the other guy lacks all sence of fishing ediquite but , try to remember that those guys don't posess the same skills you have aquired in your life .

i have the same problem every year during the fall runs , lead slingers with heavy line snagging fish casting over my line during the heat of battle .

last year i was able to convert a snagger by not only setting an example in manners , but by giving him some instruction in the bottom bouncing techneque that was far outproducing the snag set up he was using . his other fishing trip members laughed at him as i put new line on his reel and set up the rig for him but at the end of the day he was the one without a dnr fine and a couple coho's to take home to his table .

this dosen't always work but, it's a good start . but i would sugest going to a hobby , joke or magic store and purchasing a few vials of sulpher (also known as "phart bombs " ) drop one of those puppys and watch everyone clear the area fast , lol !
[signature]
DDR who are these hmong's that you speak of? i have never heard of a group of people refered to as that. But to get a god loving easy going feller like your self so riled up they must be something else.
[signature]
The Hmong are the Asian leftovers that aren't really claimed by China or other such countries. They usually live high in the mountains is what one of them (that I actually dated) told me. They tend to just not think of courtesy while fishing. And now the mexican's are joining in. They're even worse! But at least they apologize.
[signature]
Boy i am glad that i live in podunk utah, the local minorities are indians and mexicans and they are great people and polite as can be, plus they really dont fish here so no worries in that department
[signature]
LOL, these Mexican's aren't dumb though. Those that purchase a fishing license use rods and reels. Those that don't use soft-drink plastic bottles. That way they can quickly drop it if they're getting checked for fishing licenses.
[signature]
how do they use the soft drink bottles, do they cut off the top and bottom and wate for a fish to swim in it?
[signature]
This might help you figure things out a bit more.

http://www.hmongcenter.org/

What's crazy is Minnesota is begging them to come here so they can start a new life in America... in the meantime, I know people who lost their jobs and haven't been able to find employment for two years, food-shelves are nearly empty, and government aide is quickly running out.
[signature]
Thats Sadif they are freeloading in the local goverment, i dont have a problem with anybody that wants to work hard in a respectable job but when the become bums living off of our tax money, it begins to erk me.

it looks like there are some big boys, and girls for that matter, in that group, you may need to get a scthe to take care of their lines, or a cattle prod to keep them away, or even better yet your own private pond where you are the only fisher to worry about. if i could i would go for option #3
[signature]
LOL, they do tend to be large. However, there are some that are toothpicks as well, usually the males, but once in a while a female as well. Cattle prod. Haha! Good one!

If I could afford it, I would get my own pond or at least waterfront property.
[signature]
LOL, they tie fishing line around the neck of the bottle and then wind the line around the body of it.
[signature]
i just hope that they dont land a big fish with that system, it would be tough to keep a hold of, on the other hand there would be a big fish with a float marker, humm i would keep my eyes open for a bottle swimming around the top of the water
[signature]
LOL, no kidding. They actually caught a 1 lb sheepshead on that system once. It was funny watching him "reel" the fish in.

Now, if you'd just quit replying to my reply's so quickly, I could get the computer turned off and get some much needed sleep.
[signature]
alright, hey if you get a chance take a listen to joe nichols, if nobody believed in you, it is a good song, with a religious theme.
[signature]
*glaring at fish4fish*

Grumble, grumble, grumble.

Heh, I'll see if I can find it.
[signature]
Okay, you can now resume replying. Hehe. [Tongue]
[signature]
hey your buddies made the news,[Tongue]

[url "http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=519&ncid=519&e=12&u=/ap/20040702/ap_on_re_us/hmong_arrivals"]http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=519&ncid=519&e=12&u=/ap/20040702/ap_on_re_us/hmong_arrivals[/url]
[signature]