Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincoln Beach report, 6-3
Went out to Lincoln beach tonight from about 6:30-9:45. Red hot mudcat action sprinkled with occasional white bass. Also caught a 21" channel cat and lost one other. An added bonus was a nice 12" crappie that wanted to join me for dinner and sucked down my worm. The bite was better on worms early on then from about 8:30 on, shrimp resulted in almost instantaneous strikes. The muddies probably were picking up the bait so fast that the channel cats couldn't get to it. A guy near me scored a small walleye and was doing similarly well generally. Take your bug spray, but it was a fun evening.
[signature]
[cool]Sounds fun. Were you fishin off of the dike, or were you closer to the springs just to the northwest?
[signature]
I was near the spring just west of that cement block structure , about a half mile from the dike.
[signature]
[cool]Yeah, I know where that is. That is a great spot in that area. looking out from that cement block area, there are I think three pool areas, and that one in the middle is kind of deep and has some nice walleyes and cat's in it. The skinny little channel that leads out into the main lake is over your head if you tried to wade from one side to the other and big Cats come in there at night to feed and stuff. I need to get out there! I think that area is called "third springs." At least that's what it says on the utah fishin holes part of this site.
[signature]