Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trip down to Carp Fest ?
[Smile] Is there anyone from the central part of the state that would want to make the trip down to the Twin Cities for the Carp fest on the 19 th ?

[signature]
I'm already signed up and entered in the contest. Bring little miss Flaggirl with you.

Here's more information:
http://www.threeriversparkdistrict.org/s.../index.cfm
[signature]
I know of three of the prizes so far.

1st Place is a Jon Boat with a small (9.9hp?) 4-stroke outboard on it.

2nd Place, I believe, is the Carp-Mobile.

3rd Place is a wide-bodied canoe.

I'll see if I can get pictures taken of these prizes and post them.

Steve, you should drag Ken down with you.
[signature]
either of you in need of my secreat recipy for carp?

might just be the edge you need for landing that big one....[Wink]

If you want it I will send it to you in a PM...
[signature]
I'll use anything that'll help! If Flagman makes it down here and wins the boat, he better give it to me cuz he doesn't need another one.
[signature]
There are a few carp bait recipes on the recipe board as well. Feel free to check them out.
[signature]
you make sure you get pleanty of rest tonight... your ging to need it!!! especialy if you use my recipy, Remember that is a traid secreat and you should not share it with any one..... it is that good....[Wink] it dose take time to call the big one up fome the bottom but it is well worth the wait....

Wished I could be there to get in on the action.....
[signature]
Couldn't find one of the main ingredients in the small size so I substituted. Bad idea. I didn't get one bite all day. [:/]

Then again, all the prime fishing spots were taken by the time Sarah and Duncan were ready to go. I was up until 2:30am and was up and ready by 6:30am. They weren't ready until the contest had already started. I just about left without them but I couldn't because they have a lot of other activities for kids that aren't fishing.

On the positive side, I entered a raffle for a much nicer boat than the one that was the prize at the contest. Plus, if all goes well, I should be getting a decent 1966 Pipestone Runabout in a week or two for only $350. This includes a 45hp outboard.
[signature]
how did every one else do? any size to speek of?
[signature]
Largest was just over 14 lbs. They were reporting on this on Fox News this past Thursday morning and the DNR said a smaller carp to come out of this area is 6-8 lbs with the larger ones in the 14-18 lb range. I should be able to get a complete list of winners and the sizes of the fish. By the time I got there, there was at least 6 fish up on the board. All the "smallest" ones were between 1 and 2 lbs. I would have been happy just to catch a bullhead but I couldn't even get one of them to bite on a nightcrawler!
[signature]