Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mercury 135
I looked at a boat today that had a partly disasembled Mercury 135 outboard on it. My question is does anyone know how popular these outboards were? Are parts readily available? I know mercury is a good outboard to have, but what about the 135 (the year on this one is about 1972)? It has an inline six, not a V-6. I can get this boat for pretty cheap, but is it worth my time to try to deal with it?
[signature]
your pretty safe with a merc they are easy to get parts for. How good of a deal can you get on it? depending on the price you may be into that motor as much as $2500 on a rebuild.

I'd at least check the compression and the ignition before I invested much into it. let me know if you'd like me to check it out for ya.

DZ
[signature]
I've kinda decided that I am not getting it. My wife said she doesn't want another boat sitting around the house. I was going posibly trade my camp trailer for it, they were only asking $1000.00 for it. I felt like it would have been a pretty good boat, it was in good shape and had a pretty good trailer, and my cousin has a motor I could put on it, but "what would the neighbors think" if they saw 2 old boats on the side of my house. I guess sometimes if it was not for my wife my yard would be a true redneck yard, thank God for our wifes huh!

If anyone is interested in a pretty nice boat, go to KSL and do a search under recreational vehicles for "Silverline Captiva" and it will pull up their add. The boat has a 135 merc on it, and my cousin has an 80 hp merc that would probably bolt right up, he's looking for about $200 for it. Put the two together and you may have a pretty good fishing boat.

Thanks Steve
[signature]
Wow, you shop like I shop. I look at ksl every day, knowing that I have no money. Still, it's nice to dream. There's been a boat on there for a while that I've wanted, but can't afford. Of course my wife would say "Go for it", but I'm the responsible one.
[signature]
Exacty! I realy don't have ANY business shopping ANY website for ANYTHING because it seems like I NEVER have ANY money, but it NEVER hurts to dream. Right?
[signature]