Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincoln beach again, 6-5
After a brutal day at work today, I had a few hours to kill tonight. Sounds like its time to fish! There was no wind at the house so I decided to take the float tube out to Lincoln. Good choice. I arrived about 6:45 or so. There was no wind so the conditions were perfect. For the first hour, I had the whities bat around my silver spinner. Not exceptional numbers but good size for whites. I then tied on a "Sassy shad" plastic. Shortly afterward, I rung up a 24 inch walleye! I fished till about 8:30, catching a few smaller fish and headed in. As I was moving in, I hooked up a very large fish. I battled it for about 15 minutes before it shook the hook. [Sad] I had my ultralight with 6 lb test, so I did have fun with him. It probably was a big cat based on the long powerful runs he put on. The sassy shad got consistent hits tonight. I missed several more hits on it , I also used a rapala but they didn't want that tonight. I fished from shore for about 30 min. with shrimp, and had some hits, but the cat action was slower than earlier in the week, and I needed to get home. I will definitely have to drag the tube out there again! Tight lines to all.
[signature]