Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bay 6/6/04
Put in at the North Marina about 4:15 this afternoon and drove straight to the lightpole. Fished from there to the south west corner with no luck. After we turned the corner and headed east along the south dike we began getting into the fish. Caught one 20" wiper, two 18" walleyes and two 12" catfish. Attached are two photos of Lise and her son Kyle with the fish. This was Kyles first wiper and first time fishing at Willard Bay. I'm sure he'll be back again.
[signature]
Thanks for the report, how deep was the water where you caught the fish? After you catch your first wiper most people can't wait to get back out there and catch another, I'm sure Kyle feels the same way. WH2
[signature]
Your right WH2 there is nothing like hooking into a wiper. I took my daughter out there 2 weeks ago for some wiper action and she has been with us 3 times since. She loved it.
[signature]
I was out about 150 yards from the south dike in 11 feet of water. The biggest hazards are in the north marina. Watch out for the rockpile between the boat launch and docks. I can't believe they haven't put a marker bouy to warn boaters about it...Good luck fishing...
[signature]
Thanks for the report whatyausin,

It looks like the warmer temps have slowed the fishing a little,I will be going tommorow to give it a try.

Post up when I get home.

See ya on the water,FNF
[signature]
I posted a few pictures of that area in the North marina a few month ago showing a sand bar that goes across the marina. The only way to get out of that marina without hitting your prop is too go right out the center of the channel and load the people from the bank in the channel. You are taking a chance by going to the boat docks. Good luck your next time our. WH2
[signature]
Can you fish out of a float tube up there at Willard?
[signature]
Yes you can, there are a few of the guys on the site that fish from a float tube at Willard. The trick is to get in at the right spot and hope the spot you choose to fish has some actively feeding wipers. Xman is out of town right now but he fishes it the most from a float tube. WH2
[signature]