Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fat fish from M-day (pics)
Here are a few pictures of some fat fish I caught Memorial Day. Until this past Memorial Day I had never caught a trout that was less than 23" long that weighed 5lbs or more. Even though these fish look fat in the pictures they looked even fatter in real life or at least that's what my fisherman memory tells me.
I decreased the pixel size so they would be quicker and easier to view in the forum so the quality isn't as good as it could be. I don't have a very good digital camera so I have to wait until I get my film developed before I can post any pictures. I also have some more pictures from some of my other trips from the past couple months. To do my part in keeping this forum interesting I'll post more pictures over the next couple of weeks.

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=4889]
This fish is 27" long, has a 17 1/2" girth and my scale said it weighed 9lbs even.

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=4890]
This fish is 22 1/4" long, has a 16" girth and my scale said it weighed 6 3/4 lbs. This is likely the fattest 20"+ trout that I have ever caught.

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=4891]
This fish is 22" long, has a 15" girth and my scale said it weighed 5 1/2 lbs. My brother caught this fish but I had my picture taken with it because it was on my rod that put out. I asked my brother to put out some more line and just after he picked up my rod the fish hit so I let him reel it in.

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=4892]
This is one of the smaller fish that I caught Memorial Day. It was around 18" but I didn't put a tape on it so I don't know how long it was for sure. I also caught several others between 13" to 19" that I didn't take pictures of. Even though we didn't catch as many fish as I had hoped, a few big ones can always make up for it.
[signature]
That's a nice looking fish Brian. Where did you catch it at???
[signature]
I'll let a few people try to guess the location before I give it out. Even though the background in the pictures is a little blurry I don't think it would be very hard to guess.
[signature]
Nice looking fish. Were you trolling?
From the size of the fish I would have to say Bear Lake. Although the scenery looks a little like PaliSades.
[signature]
henyr's lake?
[signature]
porta homer guessed it.
We trolled for about half of the time and fished bait and flies the other half of the time. We did have a bite on bait and another bite on flies but all of the fish that we landed were caught by trolling. All of the fish in the pictures were caught on a #5 Silver Blue Fox spinners 40-60 yards behind the boat. I was using 17lb mono on the baitcaster that I caught all of the bigger ones on so none of the fights lasted more than a couple of minutes.
All of the fish were also chuck full of #12-#16 olive colored fresh water shrimp.
[signature]
That was going to be my next guess.[Tongue] Nice fish though.
[signature]
hey brian

its nice to see some good trout. i havent seen big trout like that in awhile. thats what i love about idaho. im always up there so if you want to hit any waters with a utahn let me know.
[signature]
Xman,

If you're going fishing in Eastern Idaho sometime send me a PM and I will see if my schedule will allow me to tag along.
[signature]
haha how is it a tag along in your backyard? i think its me tagging along in that scenario. but yeah im up about every weekend or so. ill pm you let you know and see if your interested.
[signature]