Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any one been to Causey lately?
I am thinking about fishing at Causey friday and I'm looking for some information about it. I want to try the dam area for kokes. Is this time of year productive for them? It looks like something in pink or orange is recommended if I remember right. If anyone has any info from recent trips or just knowledge from past experience please let me know what you think. Thanks DKS
[signature]
For some reason the Kokes up there are either not interested in eating, or have significantly decreased in numbers since last year. I haven't heard of anyone catching any from shore this year. I'm going to go up in the toon soon and try to mark some fish, but the last time up in the boat we didn't mark a single school of kokes.

If you do go, they like pink! Use a wedding ring, tipped with a worm and you might get some hits.

Don't mean to sound so down on Causey, but she hasn't been kind to me this year.

You might catch a bunch of little splake, the DWR seems to have done several plantings since last fall. They are anywhere from 6-12 inches, and kind of skinny, but at least they are fun to catch.

Good luck. Let us know how you do.
[signature]