Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
utah lake report
fished AFBH with loanfish we were there from 830P-1200A ended up with three cats smallest 21" largest 26 1/2" couldn't ask for a better night to be fishing no wind and no....bugs ?
[signature]
Sounds like some nice cats. I'm probably heading up there tonight. What did you use for bait?
[signature]
don't know what the bait we used was called but it was a dough/blood type bait
[signature]
Oh NO!!! Not that stinky $#!%!!! I got some of that stuff from Walmart last year, beef blood I think. Almost knocked me out when I opened the bag! Took days to get the stink off my fingers, LOL. No wonder the cats love it Smile

Thanks Chris
[signature]
dude i hear you that stuff stinks ! i would not even touch it i asked kevin to bait my hook i didn't want to stink up my poles with that stuff
[signature]
Yea that stink bait is also an all too good wife repellant as well. Use that and you will be sleeping on the couch for a few days. Mr. J.
[signature]
All I can say is rubber gloves and lots of them. [Tongue]
[signature]
[shocked] You had kevin bait your hooks?[shocked][unsure] and to think I piced you for a fishing team.[sly] just kidding I've done that. way to go on the cats.
[signature]
Looks like three is the magic number for kitties last night. I was at the Provo Boat Harbor, south side of the north dike, from 9:30-11:00 pm. Caught three channels, about the same sizes as yours. I was using white bass meat. There was quite a chop on the north side of the dike so I decided to fish the calmer side, which was the entrance to the harbor. You're right, that stinky stuff can bring tears to your eyes. Like wiggy said, wearing those blue nitrile gloves could save some major hand-scrubbing later on.

tight lines,
kastmaster
[signature]
No luck with the kitties for me last night. Fished from about dusk till midnight just caught some mud cats but a school of white bass must have moved through. Got 5 of em and lost 2, biggest was 13.5", not bad for those little critters.
[signature]
Tried to go to AFBH , but the gate was locked by the time I got there . I ended up going to Lindon harbor . Pickup 10 cats but nothing over 15 . Fished till 3:00 am . Bite turned on for a while about 1:00am . All fish caught with a worm and bobber .
[signature]
Awesome, I had a feeling Lindon would be a better bet. Were they on the lke side or in the harbor?
[signature]
hi randy you can walk in thru the exit side
[signature]
All fish I caught where in the harbor side but people were hooking a few on the lake side , but i couldn't buy a bite there , so I moved .
[signature]
Hey Al, were you fishing with a bobber or off of the bottom?

You all are correct, that stuff stinks pretty bad but it catches fish. The sucker meat im sure would have worked well also if we could have given it more time. My wife makes me scrub the [url "mailtoConfused!@t"]s!@t[/url] out of my hands then soak em' in sanitizer and alcohol. All three of the catfish were chock full of eggs.

Oh yeay that 26 1/2 inch cat weighed in at just under 10 lbs. She probably had close to a lb or 2 of eggs in her.
[signature]
Kevin,

I was fishing off the bottom. After I caught the first one I cast to the same spot and the others took the bait within seconds. Caught 5 back to back then they moved on.[unsure]

where were you fishing and how close to shore? I was on the flat area near the point at the end of the dike, casting out about 20'.
[signature]
we were fishing on the S side of the boat ramp between the dock and the fence that goes in the water
[signature]
I have a secret honeyhole I like to drop my bait into. I'll show ya when we head out there.
[signature]
Sounds like a plan Smile and I'll show you my top secret white bass technique guaranteed to catch you a few.
[signature]
We may need to make a full day out of this. First hit Lake X and in the eve hit utah lake.
[signature]