Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing Line question
Has anyone here had any experience (good or bad) with Cajun Red fishing line? I've read a few good and bad things about it. In Utah Shakespear is supposed to be the distributer and they list ~6 or 8 retailers in the SLC area. I've called them all and none have it in stock. Is this bad distribution or bad line? Where can I get some?

Jim
[signature]
I haven't personally tried it, but someone here recently posted about it, and said it was the best stuff they'd ever tried. I'd like to get some myself. Smith and Edwards is supposed to carry it, but I haven't made it up there yet.
[signature]
Mateo,

I'm headed to Bear Lake tomorrow so I'll stop off at Smith & Edwards and see if they have any. I'll let you know when I get back (weds or thurs).

Jim
[signature]
Thanks. It's not really that far for me, but i don't go that direction often. I'm interested in a 1/4 lb spool of 6 lb. i may go there tomorrow. or i may not. i duinno.
[signature]
They have it at Cal Ranch in Logan. Might try the one in Ogden.[Smile]
[signature]
they do have it at smith and edwards but I don't know what weight, I was just there a week ago.
[signature]
Yes, Smith-Edwards does have 4# & 6# because I bought a 300 yrd roll of each ($5.95 ea.).
[signature]
It was me that made the post about Cajun Red fishing line. Best stuff i've ever used. Just last week I got snagged on the bottom while catfishing. I pulled and pulled trying to break the line. Instead of my 12# test Cajun Red breaking, my 17# P-Line leader broke. Great stuff... It will eventually be on all of my spinning reels. Cabelas sells 300 yd spools for $4.99 and 1/4 lb spools for $5.99. Only down side is not only is it supposedly invisible to fish, but under certain sunlight conditions (morning mostly), its hard for the human eye to see it once it leaves your rod.

Slayerace
[signature]
Slayerace,

Thanks for the info. I was looking for ACTUAL experiences such as yours...not opinions.

I'd like to see Cajun Red sold in more local stores but apparently Shakespear sell enough of this stuff back east they don't care about the western market.

Jim
[signature]
You raise an interesting point -- why can't manufacturers be more consistent in rating their line? I have read that almost all line is really a higher test than the label. I would prefer that all line (when it is new) would actually break at the label rating, then one could more effectively match it up with leader. As it is now it is a guessing game at best.
[signature]