Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Green River
Took the wife and boy to the Green on sunday, It was beautiful as ever. Flow was alittle above 800, Not much in the way of a hatch. I went over to try out some new flys, they didn't work very well but I had some old Green River tried and true flys with us that got us into the fish. The number of fish are down but there are still plenty to be caught. Black/copper Zebra midge was the best for us we also caught a few on 18 sow bugs.

I did catch a Brown that took me into the backing and most all the fish had good fight to them.
[signature]
cool sounds like I need to make a midnight road trip like the old days with hellsangler. (two more days in a cast then look out)
[signature]
Has the "human hatch" started yet HFT? Just wondering. I too would like to get down there for some smallies on the gorge and some bows on the green. Thanks for the report.

Anthony
[signature]
Was there any hopper or cicada action going on, just love the big bugs.
[signature]
Hi James. I will be at the Green in early July. What flies do you think will be best then? Do you see a change in the feeding habits between now and then? I didn,t hear much about the cicada hatch this year,did you? Thanks DKS
[signature]
Norm , I been itching to go bad lately . I even hit the Weber last saturday night where I know of some pig browns hang out but no luck .
[signature]
not much in the way of Cicada were we were at the dam. Hoppers will be the biggest change in july, I like a Joes hopper. as for the people hatch it wasn't bad at all.
[signature]