Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 6/12
My wife and I and Katrina fished Willard Saturday from about 1:30 until 6:30. I caught a 21 1/2 inch wiper after about 10 minutes of trolling just out of the North Marina. We trolled back through again and I picked up a 24 3/4 inch wiper. Looked all over for my scales but I had left them home. Got one more 18 incher and a catfish, lost a couple more and that was it. I caught all the fish in one hour, then no more. That's fishin'. I'll try again Wednesday EARLY. The picture is the big one, of course. That must have been one of the bigger wipers in the lake. This was my first time catching wipers or even fishing Willard, so I was happy enough. Hope my wife can get some next time!
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 2] Hey MisterCompletely, what was the water temp? What were you catching them on? How deep was the water? Were you trolling or casting? Details man, we must have Details. LOL Sounds like you had a great time.[/size][/red][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
WOW! I s all I can say.So what do you think of them wipers,you hooked like the rest of use.[Wink]

Thanks for the report.

Later,FNF
[signature]
JUST SO YOU KNOW AFDAN NOT EVERYONE HAS A SONAR TO LET YOU KNOW DETAILS LAST YEAR I DIDN'T DUT THIS YEAR I DO

OH BY THE WAY SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT DAY BETTER THEN I HAVE HAD THIS YEAR YOU ROCK

GREAT JOB AND THOSE ARE SOME NICE FISH I AM JEALOUS MR
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]All the fish were caught on Producer Prizm Shads, white with a little dark on the top. I don't have a temperature readout on my sonar, but the fish were all caught in about 9 feet of water, longlining with lots of line out the side of the boat. I use 8' Fenwick spinning rods, because that's what I still have from doing lots of striper fishing on the Sacramento River. They turn out to be perfect for these big wipers, along with casting outfits that are also long Fenwick rods. I like to get the rigs far out to the sides of the boat, but don't really like hassling with planer boards. I'll be out there at sunup tomorrow morning (Wednesday) to see if my wife can hook into some. Yes, I am TOTALLY hooked on these wipers already, especially since I was a very dedicated striper fisherman before moving to Utah in 1975. Thanks to all you guys for sharing your info so I felt like I knew pretty much about fishing for wipers before even going out the first time.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]AFDan - - do you live in A.F.? Just curious, I live in Highland. [/size][/font]
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 2] No sorry, I live in Roy. The AF is for prior Air Force service.I'm planning on being out to Willard this Saturday late afternoon.[/size][/red][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]