Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loch Lomond
Can anybody tell me how tough is the drive up to Loch Lomond Lake? It is the lake off of Fall River Road which goes up above Idaho Springs. I have 4-wheel drive, but I don't especially like driving roads with a lot of overlooks and dropoffs. Pleas let me know if you know if it's a real tough drive. If you know the road to Urad Lake - is it about the same or tougher getting to Loch Lomond?
[signature]
Pancho-

I've got a friend who fishes that general area up there. I'll see what I can find out for you.
[signature]
The road is very rough-lots of rocks,roots,also lots of other 4-wheel traffic.I dont remember any dropoffs or anything like that,its just very bumpy,a very slow drive.I gave up on fishin up there,the place is pretty hammered.
[signature]
Thanks for the info. I had heard that there's good fishing up there, but I think I'll pass on the rough road. Are any of the other lakes in that area easily accesible or are they all pretty much the same? How about the fishin?
[signature]
They are all pretty much the same,rough roads and lots of people. I have a friend who has fished chinns quite a bit-biggest maybe 15 or 16"splake. To me it seems like a lot of work for little gain,however it is pretty up there!
[signature]