Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D.C. report 6-15
Ok heres the question of the night...Do smallies move around the lake during the year or do they stay on the same general area?..The reason i ask is because I took my nephew up tonight and was fishing for smallies in my spot and I swear he caught the same fish my daughter did on saturday (17" 2.5 poounds football)..I couldnt belive it.is it possible it was the same fish?..well anyway we hammard them agian tonight we caught some really decent ones 12-14" then the hog agian..i even got some on a top water poper..WOW thats fun!!..we caught one walleye,and missed a few others and also caught a 2lbs rainbow and missed a few others.It was a fun night..no problems with skiers tonight!
[signature]
How late were you there? Was it in the evening or after dark?
[signature]
We fished from 5:30-9:45pm
[signature]
Thanks. I will probably be up there Sat. morning early and wanted to know if the bite was only happening when it was dark.
[signature]
I am sure you will do great in the morning!
[signature]
Nice that the larger smallies are coming out to play at DC. Even nicer that you were able to get in on the action. I would think that the football you mentioned was from another "game" lol! I love this time of year!!! Nails
[signature]
have you been out at all nails to DC?
[signature]
Went up to DC last Saturday morning, fishing was a little on the slow side, and the fish we caught were pretty small. Just couldn't get in the groove for them. The weather was pretty nice too, till around 11:00 then the wind came up and it got pretty tough. It seemed like the fishing was about to break wide open, most of the bites were aggressive ( the little ones are like that all the time ), and some of the fish had moved up quite shallow. We found most in 12 feet or less. I think it will pick up from now till the middle of July. Nails
[signature]