Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 6-14-04
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Hit Willard Bay Monday evening with my daughter. Put in at the South marina at 5:30 and got out at 8:30. Just as we got out of the marina and channel, just when I figured we could hit the gas, we hit bottom in 1.2 feet of water! Boy, it is getting shallow fast this year! Trolled Prism Shads and Walleye divers. Caught some nice ones just outside the marina where it drops off to about 10 feet. Went out to the light pole and caught three nice walleye. Two of the walleye got knocked off the lures (by an inexperienced net handler). One was about 25". Very nice eye.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Water temp was about 68*. [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]I seen a bunch of birds sitting in the middle of the island. It was hard to tell but I think the island was about 1-2 inches out of the water. You boys better enjoy the Willard fishing soon before launching gets hard again like last year.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Where from the channel bouys were you when you hit bottom?
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Taxieman,[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]We hit bottom at about 200 yards past the boyes.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Hey coot,

Sounds like you got that piller people have been hitting,It got BLM,on the day of the wiper contest.

Hope it didn't do much damage.We all launched out of the south marina that day and BLM was the only one that found it.OUCH!

Thanks for sharing the info and the pics.

Later,FNF[cool]
[signature]