Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 6-15-04
[size 4][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Hit Willard again last night. Me and a fishing buddy launched at the North Marina at about 5:00. Fished the East and West areas of the pond and was getting nothing. Was fishing same areas as the night before when we had caught both wipers and walleyes. No bites. So I was a bit upset and decided to go home. My buddy, in his wisdom, encouraged me to stick it out a little while longer. Thanks Scottie … we ended up boating 4 nice wipers for Sunday dinner. Water was about 69 degrees. Caught em all on Prism shads. Ended the night with a beautiful sunset.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Looked like the island was covered back up. The night before it was sticking up out of the water about an inch.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Larger boats were all using their paddles to check for shallow spots in the marina. I guess they learned lessons from bottoming out previously. It is starting to get pretty shallow.[/size][/font][/size]
[signature]
Hey old coot that sunset picture is beautiful! Thanks for sharing. Do you happen to have a full-sized one that could be used as a desktop background you could pm me?
[signature]
I'm glad to hear you got out there and caught some fish. It sure is boring when the catching is slow but don't give up in the evening because it is just a matter of finding the feeding fish. It sounds like the North dike was the place to be yesterday but I guess that is what fishing is all about, some time it is fishing, sometime it is catching. WH2
[signature]
Hey Curt, you sure inquire about willard alot, you must be a true wiper fanatic. What kind of boat are you fishing out of? I'm up there at least once every week, twice if I'm lucky. I have a gray lund proV 17, but I also fish out of a 16 ft tracker quite a bit.
[signature]
I would love a full size of that sunset pic to! sweet pic
[signature]
I ask a lot of questions so I can stay up to date on where the fish are. I check out my favorite areas first, if that fails, I've got a few others I can go to, I do the same thing with lures. I have a old 16ft white Starcraft with BFT stickers on both sides but I fish with Wiperslayer a lot, he has a new 17ft Lowe. I'm not sure what color Wiperslayer's boat is because he just bought it, today will be my first time out in it, we are going to Bear lake for some big fish. I'll keep an eye out for you the next time I'm out at Willard. WH2
[signature]