Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
???Christmas Medows (Uintas) Info???
Does anybody know this area. I have heard there is some good little fly fishing streams. I guy I work with was talking about this area last winter while he was hitting me up for ice fishing tips. Now I am heading up there to camp and I called him for a little more specific info and he suddenly got amnesia. Funny how people can get like that if they are on the giving end of info. They are more than happy to receive info, but have a hard time parting with it.
[signature]
I have had great success throughout the Unitas with two flies a renegade and mosquito. I fished the renegade both wet and dry with success. I like to cast the renegade past a likely hole and strip it through the hole with short quick jerks. Fish love it. When that doesn't work a mosquito on top usually works great. There is also another fly I heard of called a Unita Special, but I have not seen nor used it, so if anyone knows the pattern let me know. Standard nymphs (pheasant tail, rs2, wd40, prince) in smaller sizes also work. You can't go wrong with a caddis either. I have had some luck on those.

Katghoti
[signature]
Are you just going to be fishing the streams or are you walking into amethyst, ryder, or mcpheters lakes? Ryder is nine miles in, but it had great fishing, and you follow a stream all the way up, and it was chock full of cutthroats. didn't visit amethyst, but mcpheters had some large cutthroats in it. Think about hiking into ryder, you have a lake before it, a lake about half a mile from it, and two more lakes right next to it. Some of them mighta winterkilled, but thats what happens I guess. Have a great time.

Anthony
[signature]
The Stillwater Fork of the Bear runs through Christmas Meadows. When you see it you'll know why it's called the Stillwater Fork. I've caught small brooks in there (+ one 15"), I think a couple cutthroat, and one small whitefish. It's a great area, if nothing else for the scenery. Consider the East Fork of the Bear also.
[signature]
I was just planning to fish the streams. My kids are too small to walk into any lakes so I just have the mornings and the afternoons. Thanks for the info.
[signature]
Well, then just put on a prince nymph and fish where quetepuni told you to fish. I too have fished the east fork of the bear and it was great! Lots of whitefish in the runs and cutts, planter bows and brookies as well, lots of fun.

Anthony
[signature]