Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview 17 June O4
Hit Pineview again today on the pond @ 0800 till 1300. Boated, photographed and released 2 tiger muskies one was 38'' and the other was about 18" a dink. Missed 3, one was very large it broke the leader (YES THE LEADER) after it wrapped around a bush, and another 18" dink that jumped and threw the hook. Had a one that missed the bait and created a wake from the miss that led us to think it was a muskie. Sorry I can't post photos now I will later promise. I was glad to see the small tigers and that the DWR has stocked some new ones. To replace ones killed or harvested. We did not see or have any follows. I did catch a 18" LG.mouth bass he put up a great fight. We also boated a bunch of smallmouths nothing of any real size.

Has anyone caught any perch or crappie fishing Pineview??
[signature]
mind sharing a little more info were you fishing from a boat or bank were you trolling or casting etc.
[signature]
i want to catch one just in my life i will have to hit someday soon

any one have any extra gas money for my boat !!!!!
[signature]
Boated Vs. Landed would mean from a boat. [sly] I don't troll (BORING maybe not boring catching a muskie is never boring) for them unless I am in a wakeless area moving to a new spot. which I have caught one or two that way before. Trolling takes the exticement of watching them come from the depths or their hiding place and attack your lure and take off running and put the heat on you!! I also feel that it is more intimate by searching, hunting, lure placement avoiding snags and then keeping them out of the weeds and bushes trying put one in the boat. I like to fish the south and middle forks the best but I have spots in the north fork also, rarely do I go into the dam fork. Basically it is a lot of casting, 5 hours of casting today with many rewards. It was a good day. Some days are blanks I don't even see a fish.
[signature]
DOH read right over the boat part thanks for the info
[signature]
PM me for more details I will give you all but one.[cool]
[signature]
Soon would be better, the heat of summer makes them harder to catch. Water temps and so many boats on the lake. Can't help with the gas thang! That's why I find a buddy with a job and some cash to help with the gas @ todays prices.
[signature]