Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Pig Report 6-18-04
Fished porcupine today with theekillerbee we launched the boat about 7:30am and trolled over to the dam to see if we could find some kokes, trolled all over the res. and only brought 2 in the boat had 3 more get off right at the boat used koke kings on dipsey divers down about 30ft. koke kings where tipped with mealworms water temp was 63* lake is about 2ft low. trolled 1.4-2mph
[signature]
We were hoping that the Kokes were still overcrowded up there...I don't think that is an issue this year. We didn't mark any large schools of fish today, just lots of oneseys and twoseys. The wind was a little problematic, but managable. Once again, a good day on the water, with good company.
[signature]
you gonna post pics brandon?
[signature]
[Wink]nice report guys. porcupine is were my first ice fishing experience happend, 12 years age. boy, the fishin back then was on fire. fishon...........
[signature]
Just trying to get them off the digicam.
[signature]
[cool]Glad to hear you guys got into some this time, petty. Was there any nice eye candy like the time you and I went out there?
[signature]
Thanks for the report, it sure has been slow at the pig this year. I guess you did not catch any trout, huh? Did you launch in the back or up closer to the dam? WH2
[signature]
We launched right about the middle. It looks like the only "official" boat ramp. Not the greatest in the world, very rocky, and you have to back into it from the road, but it's better then no ramp at all!

We didn't get any trout to the boat.
[signature]
Theres another area I've launched my boat at when the water is lower, it is by the second turn after you go over the dam. It works great for smaller boats but now that I have a bigger boat I don't think I would try anywhere other than that rocky area you launch at. The catching is usually better for Kokes when the water level is lower but I caught a 5 lb brown near the inlet when the lake is full. If it wasn't for my quest for big fish, I sure would like to get up there and give it a try, maybe later in the fall. WH2
[signature]
[cool]Hey petty, I watched Doug Miller tonight and they were goin for kokes at the gorge, and they were using this little spoon thing made by shast tackle company called "crips" I think it was called and it looked like they were nailing them with it. Think I'll have to get a couple of those. supposedly they have em at sportsmans. You can check out the story on doug millers website on ch. 2 if your interested.
[signature]