Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake Cat's
When is the best time to fish Utah lake for the big cats and do any of you know any place other than Bird Island to try? I fished all day saturday and caught tons of little cat fish, the biggest one was 3 to four pounds. We fished Bird Island from 7am to 1:00pm and then we tried around Lincoln beach with the same results. What time of the year is best? Did I go to early or to late? From my experience with Willard early spring means big cats is Utah lake the same way. Whatever Information you can give would be greatly appreciated.<br><br>
I'm no expert of Utah lake, but the first week in June is usually best, also a few weeks there after can also be good depending on the year. My first choice is always bird island but lincoln beach is a close second. The <br>best time of day is the evening and all through the night. There are times when you can catch some good cats during the day but the night is usually the best. A three or four pound cat is the best for eating but a lot of big catfish are caught at night. Skeeter, if you want a picture of a huge cat caught at willard this year, "E" mail me and I'll sent the picture through the E mail.( wiperhunter2@yahoo.com ) Also the best bait to use is whole minnows or carp guts. WH2 <br><br>