Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 5/19/04
I went out to Willard saturday with my dad and started trolling just outside of the North marina. We started getting into the fish and then my dad tells me "I hope we have enough gas. I forgot to fill the tank this morning." Well as luck would have it we ran out shortly after that. We did end up catching 8 wipers in the 2.5 to 3 pound range and one nice Walleye that weighed 6.5 pounds. All fish were properly fillet and put in the freezer to be ate another day.
[signature]
Great report Skeeter, did you guys stay in the same area the whole time? What time of the day did you go out? Wow, a 6.5 lb eye, what a great fish, I bet you got some good fillets from her. WH2
[signature]
We fished on the North side and yes we did stay in the same area. There was a fairly active school there. We had about 15 other boats working the same school so it was kind of tight but it all worked out. The Walleye we caught was a really nice fish I wish I could of got a picture with my digital but I forgot it. As for time of day we went out in the morining around 7 am. I think the fishing in the morning has been better due to the fact of less boat traffic.
[signature]