Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Report . . . 6-19-04
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]After screwing up yesterday morning at Pineview, I decided to give Bait_Caster a call and see if he wanted to hit Willard yesterday afternoon-evening with me. He said no then called me back and said yes. So off we went. [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]We launched at about 3:45 at the north marina and seen Petty-4-Life as we were going out. I didn't recognize him at first.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]We trolled the west dike out to the light pole. Didn't get anything. About 1/2 mile S-E of the light pole we found some good structure and marked a fair amount of fish. I only got one wiper there but we both were getting lots of good solid hard hits then just G O N E ! ! ! ! ! It was getting kind of frustrating.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]A storm squall was threatening out in the north west so we headed in. Just before getting back to the north marina, we decided to let out our lines one last time. Then the wind kicked up real hard. Started reeling our lines back in to get out of Dodge when bam - bam, fish-on. In about a 30 minute span there in the big waves we landed 5 wipers and one nice walleye that ran 24 inches and 5.0 lbs! That was BC's first walleye and one inch longer than my biggest. My little brother seems to always out do me. (and I love it)[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]That was one nice trip to Willard -- again -- Thanks for joining me BC.[/size][/font]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=5134;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=5133;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=5132;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=5135;]
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 2] Hi there Old Coot, hey I was out on WQillard yesterday afternoon. Sorry I didn't get your message in time I had my hands full with my boat in that wind.[/size][/red][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2] I think I saw petty4life in the marina, but I'm not sure. I was too busy trying not to get into the mess that was in the South Marina. People were crashing into each other at the dock due to lack of control. Man what day.[/size][/#ff0000][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2] Sorry I missed you.[/size][/#ff0000][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
Nice report Ralph, from the sound of your location I would say you were several hundred yards out from the North marina, is that about right? Also was the water murky? Way to go Bait_Caster, that is is a very nice walleye for you first, what lure were you using? WH2
[signature]
Dan,

We were at the North marina and man, what a circus. I called for you a couple times on channel 12 but didn't hear you. How was fishing for you out there?
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 2] Hi Ralph, I was over in the N.E. corner paralell to the Highway. I was circling in that area in about 10-12 feet of water. No hits at all, spent about 2 hours there and then the wind about blew me of the water. I gave up and went in.[/size][/red][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 2]Hey Wiperhunter2, Your right, that is a nice Walleye; It was sweet to land that one.[/size][/#0000ff][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 2] The lure was a Prisom Shad (Modified). Red, & Chartruse tail.[/size][/#0000ff][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 2] With the storm and white caps, I felt good and lucky to land Ol' Glass eye. Was a great way to end the day.[/size][/#0000ff][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 2] Thanks Old Coot for the invite!! [Smile] We had some fast & fourious action, It will be tough to top that, the next time we hit Willard. [sly][/size][/#0000ff][/font]
[signature]