Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boat hits reef and sinks off Lincoln beach.... read all about it in Provo newspaper
Check out the link I posted on hellsangler's Utah lake 6/19 and 6/20 post, or check out the Provo's newspaper. It indeed hit the reef and sunk! Be careful out there! I ain't going out there until the drought's over! Just not worth it!
[signature]
[url "http://www.harktheherald.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=27306&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0"][#800080]Payson man rescues 3 from sinking boat[/#800080][/url]

Justin Hill THE DAILY HERALD

Payson resident Gary Bellon spent his Father's Day morning helping a dad and his two sons after their boat began sinking on Utah Lake between a quarter-mile and a half-mile offshore.

Bellon, who was at Lincoln Beach with a boat, arrived at West Valley City resident Steven Beaton's 19-foot-6-inch Starfire, which was sinking, according to the Utah County Sheriff's Office. Beaton and his sons, Aaron, 5, and Jordan, 8, were standing on the boat's bow, their feet submerged, Bellon said.

Bellon helped Beaton and his boys into his boat. The victims were safely in Bellon's boat at 7:24 a.m. and taken to shore. Nobody was injured.

"I was just glad to be of assistance," said Bellon, who, like Beaton, has an 8-year-old son and a 5-year-old son. Bellon's 8-year-old is also named Jordan.

The Utah County Sheriff's Office Central Dispatch received a call from Beaton at 6:53 a.m., according to the sheriff's office. His boat had struck something and was sinking rapidly approximately a mile west of Lincoln Beach. Units from the Utah County Sheriff's Office, Search and Rescue, Utah Lake State Park and the Payson Police Department responded.

Bellon was out at the lake to do a slalom ski run with his friend before church. He was getting ready to launch the boat when a Payson police officer asked if Bellon wouldn't mind helping.

The cause of the accident was still under investigation Sunday night, said Utah Lake State Park Ranger George Faust.
[signature]