Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
scofield 06/21/04
my wife and I went out to do some fishing at scofield today. the fishing wasn't that hot due to the wind, but was ok. my wife caught 3 fish and I caught two. she caught a 13" and 16" inch rainbow and an 18" cutthroat. I caught a 15" rainbow and a 17 3/4" cutthroat. Hers was longer, but mine was a lot fatter. according to my cheap measuring tape scales my cut was 2# and hers was 1 3/4#. Which also brings me to a question. Am I weighing my fish way off or is there a lot of exagerating going on when people post fish weights. I am always seeing a picture or watching a guy pull in a rainbow or some other fish and call it a 4# er or a 3#er and they are not even close to the size of every fish I have weighed in at 3#s or 4#s. I know my scale is a cheepie, but I can't imagine it being that far off.

Jed
[signature]
Nice fish!What were you using?And i do agree with you some fish mysteriously gain weight![sly] Some fish are big and are outweighed by a smaller fatter fish .
[signature]
the fish were all caught on shiner minnows on small hooks floated 8ft under a bobber,

jed
[signature]
Cool thats how i have been getting them too.I fish a fresh minnow on the bottom and i have caught some big fat fish .Looks like you were fishing by the dam right?
[signature]
we only caught one by the dam the rest were caught just up from the dam by those trailer houses down on the beach,

jed
[signature]
[#804000][size 2]That wasn't the chick that was out in front of your house today. [Tongue] I take bribes to keep my mouth shut. Remember, I know where you live. [/size][/#804000]
[signature]
Oh yes it was. Now if your eyes are that bad are you sure you should be driving for . I can see it all now. OLD WOMAN RUN DOWN BY DRIVER.[Wink]. hey when are we gonna go fishing again?

jed
[signature]
only if you edit out where i work
[signature]
Nice fish, Jed. I fish in that spot all the time. In fact when there's ice on, I fish out from the shacks about 100 yards out and nail them. I never get skunked at Scofield. I agree with you about fish weights. Obviously, Largemouth Bass and Channel Cats do usually weigh more 'cause they naturally aren't as long and skinny as trout, but when someone says they caught a 19 inch cut and it weighed 3 or more pounds, I have a VERY hard time believing it.
[signature]
What do you get when you put together Fed Ex and UPS?

FED UP! LOL
[signature]
done sorry.

jed
[signature]