Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Montpelier rev.
I will be at Montpelier this weekend for a family reunion just wondering how Montpelier rev. is doing. I will be in a float tube or from shore.Thanks, Chip.
[signature]
I haven't heard much about Montpelier Reservoir lately and have never fished it myself but maybe someone else has some better info for you.

I know that there must be a decent perch population in there because the F&G trapped perch out of there this spring so they could plant them in Cascade Lake. There were also almost 14,000 rainbows planted in there back in May. There might also be 12,000 more rainbows stocked in there during the last half of June. I would guess that the fish that were planted were 10"-13" but don't know for sure. I talked to someone that fished there a couple weeks ago but all they said was that the fishing was slow.

Good luck.
[signature]
Hi- You might talk to IDNative on the Utah Board. Max grew up in the Montpelier area and fishes Bear Lake a lot. He might know someone there who still fishes it. Another possible source is Jerry Scott at the Scott's Ace Hardware store in Montpelier. He used to be a fishing buddy of mine here in Tremonton before he bought the store and moved to Montpelier several years ago. Acey
[signature]
How was the fishing? I had forgot about the perch being put in there illegally> I belive there is kokene salmon in there also
[signature]
fished it at the uper end myself and my boy from floatubes caught and releasted 54 trout size avveraged 9 or 10inches afew 12 incher.I used a fly rod with a wollybugger color olive or black with crystle flash. boy used spinners .I think color did not matter fish were jumping all morning. fishing was to fast to think of moveing for biger fish or perch.best time ever there looking to go back. Thanks for the info Chip
[signature]
6/26/04 forgot the date it was saterday moning. no wind just perfect.
[signature]