Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard water level
What is the water level like out at Willard. I haven't been for awhile. We fish from shore.
[signature]
I just read that the south marina has been closed so that the Weber Basin Water Elimination err “Conservancy” District could dredge the channel. This was in a little snippet of the outdoors section, of the Tribune, on the last page (D8). It looks to me like they are going to try for a record low this year. It also warned that the mouth of the north marina only had 3 feet of water. I’m sure there’s someone here who can give a more accurate account of the conditions, but this is what I saw in print.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]As of last night, full sized ski boats and larger fishing boats are still launching at the North marina. BUT, be very careful and watch for the many very shallow spots. The channel going out of the marina is still just fine though.[/size][/font]
[signature]
We launched at the North Marina last Saturday. There was 10' at the bottom of the ramp. In the channel going out of the Marina the depth declined to 5 or 6 feet and the went back to 9 or 10 feet. We tried to go to the slips in the north marina and the water was not even a foot deep. I did catch my first wiper. What a fighter!! I caught him on a rattle trap...bleeding shad I think 1/4 oz. I thought I had snagged the bottom then the fight was on!!! I wish I lived closer to Willard.

Thank you all for the fishing reports!!! Yoy all have a great day!!!!
[signature]
FYI.. I called over to weber basin and talked to Grant..He said that it is not them but the state this time that is dredging the south marina..Why now and not during last years record low is beyond me..Grant says that willard is weber basins, catch basin and it is our privilege not our right..there ya have it..I enjoy calling him on occasion to give him a bit of skipythelurker logic. I dont think it hurts to let him know what the privilaged few have to say about the water levels..Give it a go..(801) 771-1677 ask for Grant..He wont be there,Yea Right..but he allways calls back. Just thought I'd let ya know!
[signature]