Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake Question
Hey guys. Got a question. Does Utah Lake support any crayfish? If not, then why? [unsure]
[signature]
[cool]Don't know the answer to that question, but welcome to bft anyway, oldswampat. I'm sure TubeDude or Kendofnsl, or one of those guys knows the answer to that if you p.m. (private message) them.
[signature]
Thanks for the tip. Been reading bft for months, finally had to jump on board. Great site and resource!
[signature]
welcome to the site kevin i believe i read somewhere in the proc that there are dads in utah lake.....have you been having any luck fishing pelican bay ?
[signature]
Welcome aboard, Yes Utah lake has crayfish, I don't know how big the population is but I have seen them on the shore line. later chuck
[signature]
I have done pretty good on the craws right around the head gates. (outlet of the lake). There are actually some pretty good sized ones in there. I have also done well on the river below the pump house, and down river around the model airplane runway. Less current around the head gates though. Good luck if you go after them.
[signature]
OH YEAH!!! Welcome to the board. How rude of me. Hope you get enought of those craws for a good boil!
[signature]
There are definitely crawdads in Utah Lake. We had this discussion awhile back, and many people mentioned seeing 'dads at Lincoln beach, by the pumphouse, in the Provo River, etc. However, they aren't in the greatest of numbers in Utah Lake. If you really want to get some good dads, go to Scofield, Strawberry, or somewhere like that where they're plentiful.
[signature]
Have never fished Utah lake, but welcome aboard!!
[signature]
I threw a trap in my local canal and I'm catching crayfish, but If you want a ton, I'd go with soldier creek side of strawberry. Theres millions over there.

Anthony
[signature]
[cool] Looks like I'm gonna have to try my luck catching the 'dads. Hey Aquaman, haven't tried fishing the marina area yet. Just moving into a new house tomorrow, about 100 yards from the marina! Have fished the area many years ago before the homes came in. Pretty good luck catching channel cats at the time.
[signature]