Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 6/24
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Wow! What a night on Willard. Two of my neighbors went out to the bay with me last night and we had a good time. It was not the fastest fishing I have ever had out on the bay, but they were some of the biggest. We put onto the water at about 5:30 and started trolling straight towards the light pole. We caught a couple small ones about half way there, along the south dike. Then the wind started. We turned around and started toward the feed lot. I was looking out one side of the boat and one of my friends said, “Aren’t there suppose to be fish where the birds are congregated on the water?” I told him no, they need to be hitting the water. (Because I could see a group of seagulls out the way I was looking.) And then he said, “Like that?” pointing behind me. And boy were they going crazily. We went by and didn’t notice a lot of fish jumping, but it is the closest thing I’ve seen to a boil. Boiling birds. We didn’t pick up a fish there either. I’m getting long so I’ll jump to the best part. The wind started picking up and I decided we better leave. My light boat doesn’t let you go to fast so before we could get into the bay the wind started to die down. We decided to just troll in and that was when the fun began. My pole doubled and after I killed the motor and said ‘fish on!’ Ray started to real his pole in and said, “I think I’m hitting the bottom.” I told him, “I don’t think you should be.” Then it took off and his pole doubled. Then the grand finally was when Jeff in the front of the boat said, “I’ve got one too.” A TRIPPLE!!! Now that was fun. You should have seen the dance. We landed all three, and not to brag (actually I guess that’s what this is all about), but mine was the last on in. He had more fight in him than I have caught in a while. A total of 11 pounds came into the boat. 3, 3, and 5. What a catch.[/size][/font]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"] [/font][/size]I know the question is coming so here it is. We all had something different. Mine was a producer, the others were a prism shad and a wally diver. We were south to the feed lot. And it was about 9.5 feet of water. As for speed, with the wind I’m not sure. Between 2 and 3.5 mph on GPS.
[signature]
I was out at Willard last night, fishing from shore. The wind was so bad we really didn't even get to cast out. It would come right back at you. But that is Willard bay, you never know. Probably try tonight again. Glad you had some success.
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 2] Now thats what I call a great story. Thats what it is all about. Must have been a good feeling at that moment. great job . Thanks for the report. By the way how were the Marinas for launching?[/size][/red][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
Great report and a triple, wow, that is awesome. That is the first triple I've heard of this year, did you guys stop fishing after that or did they stop biting? WH2
[signature]