Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ANNOUNCEMENT
[cool][blue][size 1]Welcome TubeN2 as the co-moderator of the float tubing forum.[/size][/blue]

[#0000ff][size 1]Besides being in the family, T2 is a good fisherman, a float tuber and has proven his moderating abilities on several boards with BFT.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]It ain't that I am overworked or anything, but there is going to be some time toward the end of July when I will be off line for a few days, and we shouldn't had oughtta leave the store unattended. [/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]Not only that, I think he spends more time here than I do.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]For those who missed the post we put up after T2's Thanksgiving visit last year, with his son TToo, here is a rerun of a pic showing three generations of tubaholics.[/size][/#0000ff]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=1747;]
[signature]
Bring it on! I'll be sure to save my most difficult questions until the later part of July[Wink]. Then I'll just ask you in person.

You are leaving the board in good hands. Welcome T2!
[signature]
[#804000][size 2]There goes the Dam neighborhood. First Cliffie, and now Pat. [/size][/#804000]
[signature]
[cool][blue][size 1]Hey sweetheart, if you weren't so loveable you wouldn't have everybody wanting to live near you.[/size][/blue]

[#0000ff][size 1]Ya gotta introduce me to the smallies at Lake X and the denizens of Starvation. Jordanelle was not in existence when I moved away and there were no walleyes or smallies in Starvation. I gots to arrange a personal introduction.[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
[#804000][size 2]That can be arranged, just no kissing on the first date.[/size][/#804000]
[signature]
[cool][blue][size 1]That has always been my policy. I also practice safe casting.[/size][/blue]

[#0000ff][size 1]If we take your boat, I might let you lead when we dance.[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
[cool][#008080][size 2]Hi there TubeN2 - Congratulations on your new assignment. Tube B or not Tube B that is not the question. Duh I forgot the question. Help pappa Tube![Tongue][/size][/#008080]
[signature]

Hey there TubeClan,

Congrats. Awesome board support. Nobody's stumpin' you guys! ha ha

JapanRon
[signature]
hey pat looking forward to see you up on my home "turf", god willing in your tight schedule im sure is planned up here.
[signature]
[size 1]The DYNAMIC DUO MOD'S AND THE TUBIN TRIO IN THE PHOTO. Someone needs to write an article about you guys for Tubin Magazine (If there isn't one, there otta be)! I definitely know were I'll be coming for my Tubin talk if I ever find one that fits around my waste! But seriously, great team, I know when I finally get around to doing it in a tube I'll be bugging you guys often for the low down![/size]
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
[cool][blue][size 1]Thanks, Angler Man, and everybody else. BFT has been a great home for the T-fambly. It has been a source of more good excuses for us to communicate and I know it has put T-2 and T-Too on the water together a lot more.[/size][/blue]

[#0000ff][size 1]Hey, Angler, I have toyed with the idea of trying to put together a national float tubing and pontooning association, complete with magazine. I think the time is right and that there would probably be support. Now all we got to do is find a publisher. [/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
Hey there fellow Tubers, Tooners, and Yakers. Thanks for the warm and sincere welcome to helping Papa Tube on this board.

Don't be afraid to hit me with a stumper question once in awhile as you know where my tubes(loins) come from. I figure that we can make a good team. We gots the picturez to prove it.[Smile]

I look forward to being able to help you guys as well as accept your help and friendly advice. I guess my next move from here would be to get Theangler into a nice donut so that he can join us before his move.

I'm also looking forward to meeting some of the Ut bunch after TD moves up there. I want to check out some of those Wipers. We didn't have any of those when we lived out there. They pretty much left the little fishies at face value.
[signature]
Hey Steve,

I to would like to add my congratulations and welcome to being a Moderator!!![Smile] Am looking forward to the Dude coming up here so I can give him his "dues".[pirate] Only one disappointment, after blaming you for my attempt to post some pictures I don't even get a comment? Pictures were that bad , huh?[blush] Just kidding![Wink] Hey Dude and Steve (tubeN2) I love this board!!! Fits me good.[crazy]

[cool]Leaky
Hey Leaky, Thanks for the congrats.

I don't hold anyone at fault unless I actually see them cast there hook intentionally into my float tube. ha ha.

I always enjoy your pics. I'm still waiting to see one of Sparky. I bet he can almost handle a tube by now. I lost my dog buddy a couple of years ago and now have a cat with claws.

No match for a tube. I have enough sharp objects there.

Please feel free to share anything that you have to share. This board belongs to all of us. Have a good one and Happy Tubing.
[signature]
Welcome aboard!!! Heres your first stumper question. Keep in mind you will be graded on your answer. Ready??? In 1000 words or more...

What is a tube?

Good Luck!!! [Tongue]
[signature]
TubeN2,

Got ya. Na, na, na, na, na. Heh, Heh. See, ya didn't even look. No I am going to sit back and suck my thumb!!![Sad] Look under my post of "Pictures of recent trips" - "No Sparky". In other pictures, he's the smaller Golden. Anyway, glad you're on board. [Smile]

[crazy]Leaky
I guess you did get me. If that's part of my initiation into this board then I guess I have to put up with it.[Tongue]

I saw your pic and your dog. I left you a reply to that post as well. You did a fine job my friend and I was wondering..............I saw a total of 2 people and only 1 tube. But then again, I guess that someone has to watch the dogs while the other is out.[cool]
[signature]
[font "Arial"][size 3]Hey there Hustler, I hope you are kidding but I like a good laugh. hee hee[/size][/font]

[size 3][font "Arial"]Didn't anyone ever tell you that float tubes and small ponds were made for each other. Suspended just above the water, propelled by fins, the angler can make a stealth approach towards the shoreline, weed beds, and other structure. The experience is serene and quite relaxing. That is, until you hook into that big one and your adrenalin kicks into high gear. The stories of how "the big one" pulled you in your tube around the pond have a propensity to get more grandiose with each narration.

We've progressed from the simple truck inner tube to much safer and more functional watercraft. Spacious cargo pockets provide storage for all your gear, there's even room to tuck in a sandwich or two. You should look for tubes that have rod holders and stripping aprons for line control. Most tubes are constructed with nylon outer shells and PVC bladders. The better tubes have multiple bladders for additional safety.[/font]

[font "Arial"]When float tubes first became available commercially, they were a bit pricy. Today you can buy a basic design for around $70. That's not a whole lot more that a quality fly line.[/font]

[font "Arial"]The advantage of a float tube is its portability. Deflated they can be carried in a duffle bag or in a back pack. Inflated, most weigh in at less than 10 pounds so they can easily be carried strapped to your back while hiking to remote areas. You might want to consider models that have back packing straps.[/font]

[font "Arial"]Floats tubes come in three styles: [/font][/size] [ul] [li][size 3][font "Arial"]"O" shape (Belly Boat)[/font] [/size] [li][size 3][font "Arial"]"U" shape (U-Boat)[/font] [/size] [li][font "Arial"][size 3]"V" shape (Kick Boat) [/size][/font][/li][/ul]

[size 3][font "Arial"]The Belly Boat[/font] [font "Arial"]is the traditional inner tube design in which the fisherman is totally surrounded by the tube. While some feel more secure in this style, exiting the water can be arduous and quite humorous to by-standers. The fisherman is at a diSadvantage from several respects. Attempting to climb out of the water with with fins attached to your feet is something better accomplished by amphibious creatures than by homo sapiens. Also the ungainly inner tube around one's waist severely challenges one's sense of balance and coordination departing from the water's edge. Always have a camera ready to record someone's first launch of a belly boat.[/font][/size]

[font "Arial"][size 3]The U- Boat on the other hand is an improvement to the belly boat. This is an open front design which makes entry and exiting a bit more graceful. A safety bar across the front helps contain you within your seat as well as keeping the side bladders from separating under load. You hardly need a camera on hand to watch someone launch for their first time out of a U-boat.

The most common complaint is a sense of imbalance. Depending on how the design of the tube distributes your weight, the watercraft will lean forward giving a sense of falling out. Because there is an open space in front, there is no bladder to offer buoyancy when you reach out to land your fish. It is more of a matter of getting used to the characteristics of your watercraft rather than a safety factor.[/size][/font]

[font "Arial"][size 3]The "V" tubes, commonly referred to as kick boats incorporate an open front design with a elevated seat and a V hull which helps it move through the water easier. Seated above the water makes casting a little easier and you stay warmer in colder water. The downside is that you are more susceptible to wind making it more difficult to hold position. A little practice with your fins and it should not be a major problem. The belly boat and the U-boat do offer better back support.[/size][/font]

[font "Arial"][size 3]Once you get your tube established then you can start puting the extra goodies on it. Such as rod racks, fish finders, baby Large Mouths, DVD, RPGs and other minor comforts of home.[/size][/font]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=5030;]

[font "Arial"][size 3]I will try to get my latest design of a comfy tube up here pretty soon.[/size][/font]
[signature]
You fail!!!! [Wink] The dissertation is a good one and adaquetely addresses the question...yet I sense a tinge of plagerism. I believe that is an exerpt of tube dudes book[cool]. What you trying to pull buddy, LOL. I would be inclined to let that slide if you show signed notary proof that your old man gives you permision to use his material.

There is a more pressing problem that I find in the words of your composition that cause me some distress.

"[font "Arial"]You should look for tubes that have rod holders..."[/font]

[font "Arial"][size 3]Sorry, but that may work on other boards but is not the BFT way!!! On this board us tubers like to make our own rod holders and other goodies [shocked]. Oh yeah... Is that 1000 words or more?[crazy].[/size][/font]

Overall a good effort and since this is your first attempt I will take that into consideration and give you and [font "Viner Hand ITC"][size 5]F" [font "Arial"][size 3]OOOPS... I meant and [font "Vladimir Script"][size 5]"A"[/size][/font][/size][/font][/size][/font]

[font "Vladimir Script"][size 5]Welcome Aboard!!!![/size][/font]
[signature]
Hey hustler I noticed the same thing. I've read Pat's book and I immediately noticed the alleged plagiarism. I however, was thinking some kind of blackmail or extortion to keep me from talking. Something along the lines of a nice big package full of bass lures. Thanks a lot you ruined my evil plot.[Tongue][crazy][cool][laugh]
[signature]