Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taken to the woodshed at willard!
Went out to Willard tonight with petty4life and his son Jaden. We were having a nice time until the 40MPH winds kicked up and just about swamped us! We ended up beaching the boat on the north dike, and then we limped back towards the marina. It took us a while, but we finally got her back on the trailer. It was a painful lesson learned today. We lost one side planer, and busted the prop on the electric while trying to get in. It pretty much sucked out there tonight. Willard is not a fun place to be in 4' swells. Mental note to self...don't go out there if it looks even a little stormy!
[signature]
Wow, you where out there in that rough water. I drove by at 6:30pm and thought to myself " that is some rough water I hope nobody is stuck out there".

I wanted to hit pineview after work but after seeing the rough water on Mantua and Willard I changed my mind and decided to wait untill Wednesday when the weather might be a little better.

Glad you made it back to the marina it could of turned out alot worse for you.
[signature]
Damn, that was a really freak storm[pirate]. I don't even think the weather guys predicted it-it just showed up! How did you guys ding up the prop-was it that shallow there? Anyways, the important thing is that thank God you guys got off the lake in time and in one piece![crazy] I think I'll learn a lesson from your lesson...if it even looks like half way crappy weather is on it's way to the lake, stay off it. I think the same can be said for Utah Lake too. They both get nasty fast with how shallow they both are and with the winds and everything!
[signature]
We busted the prop in the shallow mud near the outlet. We were sure glad to be standing on solid ground after riding those swells. We saw a couple other boats get stranded as well. One beached in the swim area just north of the marina, and one was just flopping around about a 1/4 mile from the marina. One other boat came back out of the marina to help, and he towed it back in. He either had huge cajones, a Boston Whaler, or was just plane stupid! But it looked like they made it back OK. We were glad to all be safe, becuase it could have turned out much worse than it did.
[signature]
Dang, that stinks Brandon. I'm glad you guys made it out ok.

FM
[signature]
I learned my lesson a couple years ago. Williard and small boats dont play well together when the wind picks up. Thats why I followed Predators shoes and bought a bigger boat [Tongue]
[signature]
Glad to hear that Jason got his motor done. That just sucks now he has to deal with a broken prop on his electric motor. I hope thats the extent of the damage!!! Bright side is it could have been much much worst. Glad to hear everyone made it back safe and sound. Did you manage to get some wipers at least?
[signature]
We didn't get any fish either! We only fished for about 20 minutes before all the the huffing and puffing though.
[signature]
Glad to here you guys made it back ok. I can relate to how scared you must have been. A few years ago my son & I got caught in 4-5 foot waves south of Buckboard on the gorge. Definitely the scariest situation I've ever encountered on the water.
[signature]
Man that sucks, the weather this month has been crazy. But I like the cooler temperatures.
[signature]
IM STILL A LITTLE SHAKEY AFTER LAST NIGHTS OUTING.
[signature]
MY FAMILY & I GOT CAUGHT IN THE SAME STORM AT PINEVIEW. WE GOT THE WHALER OUT JUST IN TIME. THE WIND REALLY PICKED UP AFTER GETTING BOAT OUT. ABOUT 12 BOATS WERE TRYING TO GET OUT ALL AT ONCE- REAL MESS. I WASN'T WORRIED ABOUT THE WHALER/ US DROWNING. I WAS WORRIED ABOUT SOMEONE RUNNING US OVER. I LEARNED FAST HOW TO DRIVE A JET. MY FAMILY LOVED THE WHALER AND SO DO I.

GLAD U GUYS GOT OUT OK. REMEMBER, GO WITH THE WAVE6/WIND.

FISHON............
[signature]