Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duh - I left it at home
[Tongue][#008080][size 2]Have you ever gotten stopped by a game warden and realized that you left your fishing license at home? If so how much was your fine?[/size][/#008080]
[signature]
No, but I did get pulled over once for having snow covering my license plate, and it happened to be the ONLY time I can ever remember that I forgot my wallet ( I was just running about 2 miles away to pick up my wife from work). The officer was nice enough to just jot down my name and not even give me a warning.
[signature]

Hi there Dryrod,

As we have to wear our licenses above the waist here in California I have a license holder and hang it around my neck like a cow bell. I consider having to do that a bunch of bull!

I knew one guy that would 'lose' his license early in the season and apply for the replacement. Then he would be lucky to find his original and have one for the neck er... one to wear above the waist and one for wherever else.

That person is not me, no, I'd never do something like that ever ever, not in my family, uh uh don't see that kind of person nowhere!

Courts are/were pretty good about letting the fine go if you showed up in court with a license issued before the ticket date.

Yes, I have forgotten my license but No, I never fished without a license even if I had to buy a 1 dayer.

JapanRon
[signature]
[laugh]haha quite a few times! guys are pretty good here though. i,ll have to admit. but they also know me. haha either i have to send a copy in or they,ll check up to hartland to see when i got it but know generally i git it the first of the year. haha [Smile][laugh]
[signature]
You sure this friend that you're talking about isn't you? [crazy]

I've done it a couple times. I'd park the car, grab one or two of the tackle boxes in it, grab the rods, then half a mile down to the fishin' hole. They'd come along and ask to see my fishing license. Duh! It's in the third tackle box still in the car! I've done this on a couple of occasions. Hehe. The last time I handed the officer the keys to the car, described what the vehicle looked like, and told him exactly where in the tackle box it was. He laughed, handed the keys back to me, and said, "Next time make sure you have it with you."

Heck, I've only been checked a few times. I actually keep the license in my wallet now. Easy access and with me all the time.

A lot of times I'll be down at the trout lake and one of them will walk up and check a few people and then walk off before getting to me.
[signature]
i always keep it in my wallet, and luckly i have had it on me every time i had been stopped, but earlier this year i washed my wallet and my licence was destroyed along with about $100 in checks[pirate], had to buy a new licence because i didnt have the reciept and didnt have time to haggle about getting a replacement.
[signature]
I wear mine on my hat, or back of my winter coat. I am more likely to leave my wallet at home than I am to leave my hat at home[laugh]

so I place my license in a license tag holder and them pin it on the back side, I get a lot of strange harry looks, but I am ready to go fishing in a monents notice...[Tongue]
[signature]
Hi there DrownedDesertRat,

Not me now. I have a lifetime and to get a duplicate its a lot more complicated. So you don't have to have your license displayed and above your waist.

I'm jealous.. in California they threat anglers like criminals. We've got to have our numbers on so they can check us like prisoners with binoculars for a mile away. This does not make enforcement better because someone could be using an old lincense or counterfiet it!

Can you imagine what the screaming would be like if california told it's car drivers they had to have their licenses in view of any cop who happened to drive by?

Never happan. DFG idiots! I've been checked and the guys beside me didn't even have any ID (they were illegals) and the warden did do JACK! Oh ya but I was checked big time! Like I say some are idiots!

JapanRon
[signature]
we used to have to carry our license on our backs. but michigan has changed its laws so you just have to have it on you in your wallet. but if you forget it they take all your stuff, rods reals fish deer guns "what ever", thay make sure it is worth your while to take the time to show up in cort to eather show you had a license before the time the warden aproperated your once upon a time belongings...

hundreds of guns end up on the auction block every year from licenceless hunters....
[signature]
[ol][li]tresspassing[/li] [li]fishing with out a license if you dont have one[/li] [li]theft if attempting to remove fish from the property[/li] [li]if the property is owned by the state and is undergoing a development program you could be charged with restitution, (indiana and Illinois both develope quarries in to public fishing sites) [/li][/ol]

you realy need to find out who the property belongs to....

I cant realy offer you any leagle advise for your state I am not fimilair with the laws there. you may want to stop at a bait shop, or you local twp hall and they can tell you who is paying the taxes on the property.

better to be safe than sorry....
[signature]
[Tongue][#004040][size 2]Trespassing which is probably treated as a misdemeanor. [/size][/#004040]
[signature]