Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestions for Strawberry on Saturday....
Planning on going to strawberry on saturday. I haven't fished it since the ice came off and wondering what things are working. I will be taking the boat and float tube so we could troll, bait fish, fly fish, drift fish. Oh the possibilties are endless.....

From what I have read sounds like minnows are working by the Solder Creek dam and repallas are working well for trolling but not sure where to troll... Its always fun to drag a wooley bugger around or bounce a tube jig off the bottom....

Any suggestions would be helpful. I'm taking my dad and my two young kids so the more action the better so that I don't have to hear the "Dad, when are we going home?????"

Thanks! Bigcat
[signature]
It sounds like there will be several of us BFT members up there on Saturday. If you have one turn your radio to channel 12. With the full moon the bite might be slow until mid afternoon -- I hope not because that is when I have to leave to head home. Strawberry is one body of water that if you aren't sure where to fish from your boat just look across the water and see where the boats are congregating. There will be plenty of boats gathered either where the fishing is good, or where it has been good recently. I will be in the boat with all of the tangled lines (fishing with an 8 and 3 year old) but I can't wait to go fishing with the kids. Life is good!
[signature]
Bigcat, I will be in the Renegade area Sat. morning. I have herd good reports for there. If it is slow, then I will hit my old standby, Chicken East. I will also be on channel 12 on the two way. I plan to stay with sinking line and a woolly bugger from a pontoon boat. PS I will have my fishin buddy with me. DKSRenegade
[signature]